Could this be happening?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That seems to be the most logical explanation for the delay. If it was as simple as Jerry saying "screw all of you, I am keeping Garrett", then he would have just announced it by now. There has to be something else going on that would require multiple face to face meetings. The only thing that makes sense if what you suggested, that Jerry has offered Garrett a job in the organization, just not head coach. Garrett still wants to coach so taking a 9-5 desk job might not sound all that great to him and he needs time to think about it.
Remember how Dug In Jerry has been on Jason.

Firing him proves Jerry was wrong all along which being wrong is why we’re in this position a generation later with less than great coaching as Jerry trying to prove everyone was wrong about Jimmy being the reason we won those Rings.

Some fans are putting too much in this delay. It really doesn’t have the meaning some are trying to create. Jerry doesn’t want to fire or release him. Think about how Jerry handled the Romo departure. Didn’t just release him. Jerry is very loyal to those close to him.

visionary

Reaction score
But you’re ok with Jerry. The biggest stench of all. Lol

This franchise is screwed because of Jerry and his long list of Puppets.

let me say this slowly so you might have time to understand it

I dislike Jerry but JERRY IS THE OWNER so he is not going anywhere

his step son ( Garrett) is the second biggest pox on this team and we have a realistic window of getting him out of here

I’ll take the minor miracle that I can get

most moderately intelligent people can keep 2 thoughts in their mind at one time but perhaps you are having difficulty with it

let me know and I can speak even slower next time

Diehardblues

Reaction score

his step son ( Garrett) is the second biggest pox on this team and we have a realistic window of getting him out of here

most moderately intelligent people can keep 2 thoughts in their mind at one time but perhaps you are having difficulty with it

Do you accept we’re screwed with Jerry and his long list of Puppets?

visionary

Reaction score
Do you accept we’re screwed with Jerry and his long list of Puppets?

Was Jimmy a puppet?
Was BP a puppet?

Just please stop parroting this nonsense and start thinking for yourself

Jerry has a history of hiring real HCs and stepping back when he desperately wants something and I believe we are at that point where he wants another SB

the reason it took so long with Garrett is because the families have strong personal ties otherwise Garrett would have been gone years ago. This is exactly why it has to be done now while Jerry is totally defeated in his ‘HC in training “ idea.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Was Jimmy a puppet?
Was BP a puppet?

Just please stop parroting this nonsense and start thinking for yourself

Jerry has a history of hiring real HCs and stepping back when he desperately wants something and I believe we are at that point where he wants another SB

the reason it took so long with Garrett is because the families have strong personal ties otherwise Garrett would have been gone years ago. This is exactly why it has to be done now while Jerry is totally defeated in his ‘HC in training “ idea.
You obviously are in denial of our core issue which has historically placed a low value in coaching as you are using the only examples to contrary.

That’s not the reason at all Jerry has held onto his prize puppet .

Sydla

Reaction score
This smells more and more like Marvin Lewis Part 2.

After awhile, Bengals fans thought a change was coming and yet, nope, they just kept Lewis until one day everyone woke up and realized they were a decade and a half in and still nothing of note had been accomplished.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could Jerry be giving Garrett one more chance?
giphy.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This smells more and more like Marvin Lewis Part 2.

After awhile, Bengals fans thought a change was coming and yet, nope, they just kept Lewis until one day everyone woke up and realized they were a decade and a half in and still nothing of note had been accomplished.
Look where they are now. Lewis took them to as many playoff appearances than the previous 30 years. Lol

As disappointing as the Garrett era has been it’s been the most consistent and successful tenure in the Puppet era. Which speaks more to how Jerry has lowered the bar bringing this franchise down to a more dormant and mediocre football franchise.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Dallas Cowboys, should have never brought in a passive coach, to begin with. Landry, was quiet, but he was a disciplinarian. Johnson, was a disciplinarian. Parcells, was a disciplinarian.

Having a cool coach works, until the team gets tired of the rhetoric. The GM, isn't much better. Assessing talent, is one thing, but becoming enamored with players/personnel, can become divisive.

Pederson, makes bad decisions at times, but he is aggressive. Rivera, has his faults, but he can be aggressive. The Giants, may hire a decent coach, but the Cowboys are still clueless on how the NFL works.

The head coach, defensive and offensive coaches; along with ST's, should be aggressively pursuing championships. Challenge the players. Challenge bad calls. Challenge the opponents coaching staff to beat your team.

"We will look at the film..." No! Plan and attack the other teams weakness. If you cannot find one, create one with your strengths, coaching abilities, and player talent. Garrett is a coach, but never was the right coach, for this team.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Truer words were never spoken. The Jones family will be in charge; unless a miracle happens. If you can't change the major, rid yourself of the minor.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Truer words were never spoken. The Jones family will be in charge; unless a miracle happens. If you can't change the major, rid yourself of the minor.
I hear ya but unless you dig out the root the weed will continue to emerge if you only cut off the head as we’ve witnessed through how many HC’s now.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Jerry ran Jimmy Johnson off because of his own ego, Jerry is desperately trying to keep Garett because of his own ego. 24 years totally wasted because of Jerry’s ego.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
But you’re ok with Jerry. The biggest stench of all. Lol

This franchise is screwed because of Jerry and his long list of Puppets.
No one is ok with jerry, it is just there is no way to get rid of him unless he was forced to sell cowboys.
So that being the case I accept jerry, and the jones clan, we all have to.

However coaches can be gotten rid of and it is time , or way past time for JG to be gone.

Verdict

Reaction score
Define "go right for Garrett"...………….in other words, what is the bar. Is it making the playoffs? Winning a playoff game? The NFC Title Game?

I want a clearly defined bar stated and understood by everybody before the season starts if this is what is being thought of. No more, we will talk about it later. And if Garrett doesn't hit that bar, he is gone 5 min after the season ends. We are not doing this where is Waldo game anymore where Garrett just hangs out at the Star for no dam reason after the season ends.

I know that’s what you eat, but Jerry doesn’t have to give you where he sets his goal posts. He wants to be able to move them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Look where they are now. Lewis took them to as many playoff appearances than the previous 30 years. Lol

As disappointing as the Garrett era has been it’s been the most consistent and successful tenure in the Puppet era. Which speaks more to how Jerry has lowered the bar bringing this franchise down to a more dormant and mediocre football franchise.

Stop.

Phillips had as much success in a shorter period.

You overrate Garrett’s run.