Could Turpin be a difference maker this season?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
IMO these homerun hitting returners end up being the opposite of a kicker. For most games, they really don't change the outcome of a game but a few times they can turn a loss into a win. As we have seen, a kicker can turn a win into a loss a few times a year.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You just never know maybe this is the year we make the playoffs need a big play and this guy comes from nowhere and delivers a big play that wins the game for us.

Oh geez what am I thinking as soon as he crosses the goal line The flag will get thrown and some idiots hold will ruin his best efforts My bad for dreaming

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they can get him the ball on offense, I can see him making plays. As a kick returner, there are very few NFL kickers who can't reach the end zone on kickoffs. Punters will kick away from him. So, the question is...........is there enough creativity on the Dallas coaching staff to figure out ways of getting him the ball. Will that even be a priority with so many mouths to feed?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jimmy use to say to there are 3 phases of football, offense, defense and special team. If you win 2 of the 3 the odds of winning are much greater. I don't know about savior but I do think this guy can make a big impact on the season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Our ST has to block. Legal blocks. I see penalties coming and some great runs called back. The refs are watching. Lol, not being conspiracy guy but they seem to flag us a lot and then the commentators always say well I am not seeing much there.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
Kavontae can certainly be an impact player at receiver. We'd probably just need to dust off some of those old Beasley plays. Sure, a fist from an opposing LB could ruin his day, but the same was true for Cole and he was certainly impactful for us. I'd let him prowl the slot zones and see what he does with it. Dak might do better finding him than a streaking Gallup 40 yds away.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He has a different gear. Of course he can impact things.

Two things I worry about....him making it through 17 games, potentially more....and if he is going to start fumbling punts.

If those two things aren't problems this guy can be very exciting to watch.

J-man

Reaction score
If used correctly, I think he can be a quick jolt type play maker. He can certainly make teams pay attention to him, which should open things up for everyone else. So yeah, that will make a difference.

chicago JK

Reaction score
My question is can he play snaps on offense? I really liked the reverse he ran last week where he set the defender up and turned on the jets for extra yards.

Who was the fringe receiver we had a few years ago who was pretty good on those reverses? Can Turpin do that and at least make the defense think about the threat of him getting the ball? Can he run other routes?

Kickoff return will probably not be a big factor in todays game. He may get to return a punt or two. But can he play 15 plus plays on offense where teams at least need to be aware of him?

links18

Reaction score
He might grab a return TD or two, but all but the stupidest of coaches will be kicking away from him. As far as offense goes, we will have to see if the Boy Genius can figure out how to use him creatively, while not getting him killed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
After that performance against the Chargers, no one should be doubting what Turpin can do. He is a difference maker.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Yah, a bit early to tell but a punt and a kick off return in a single game? Mighty impressive to say the least. When is the last time the Cowboys had that happen? If not td returns, the Cowboys could be getting some much better field position this season.
If their kicking away from him which thats likely we’ll have good starting LOS. I dont see teams allowing him to get his hands on the ball.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Our ST has to block. Legal blocks. I see penalties coming and some great runs called back. The refs are watching. Lol, not being conspiracy guy but they seem to flag us a lot and then the commentators always say well I am not seeing much there.
Here you Glim.
I could see this guy making the most spectacular play that could totally make our season and it getting called back because some jackwagon blocked somebody in the back grabbed his face mask or did some other totally unnecessary act of stupidity.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
he will be amazing until a 250lb LB hits him & him being a 100lb lighter it will be over. and he will be on IR and hopefully can come back next year.
Fortunately the only LB in the league with the hopes of catching him, plays for us......... :D

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yah, a bit early to tell but a punt and a kick off return in a single game? Mighty impressive to say the least. When is the last time the Cowboys had that happen? If not td returns, the Cowboys could be getting some much better field position this season.
He could be, hard to get a real guage on how good he is due to preseason games and special teams don't get a lot of training camp work.

cowboyec

Reaction score
absolutely.
get creative with him.
he's a threat to score or at least go a long way everytime he touches the ball.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm guessing 5, which would be the record in the NFL.
doubt it ,after 2, they kick away from him, its what NFL minds do this isn't the USFL..however the short kicks etc them giving up field position to not kick to his also an advantage.
I bet on offense he contributes as well but let's calm down on the over the lofty Expectations.

Hes a nice addition from FA class the zone said wasn't good but looking better now that games are being played.

krimson

Reaction score
I think eventually, he could have a bigger impact on offense. I've been watching his college highlights and reminds me of DeSean Jackson.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You force the offense to punt from their end of the field there is not much you can do in terms of punting away from a guy, Turpin line up middle of the field can go it from either side unless they plan on kicking out of bounds but then you bring in shanks and shorter punts giving Cowboys great field position. I think most will try to hang punts high to allow coverage.