Could we bring Witten back towards the end of the year?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is this a possibility at all?

I'm sure the Cowboys would be all for it and doesn't MNF stop airing like week 16?

If Dallas knows they're going to the playoffs then the move makes sense if there isn't something in Wittens contract that won't allow it.

I remember the year Woodson retired and there being talk that he was close to joining us for the playoffs so that's why I thought of this.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
He wouldn't be in shape my man.

If he started training literally this week I would so go for it.

1. We need TE help obviously.
2. Let him give it 1 more go and see where it go's. If anyone deserves it, it's Witt.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He wouldn't be in shape my man.

If he started training literally this week I would so go for it.

I don't buy that.

If he's keeping himself in shape he could be ready to play if we sign him by week 16.

I know football shape is different but if he still works out then he could easily play a game if we sign him by week 16.

I watched Vinny Testaverde come off his couch and win a game for the Panthers at 40 something after he retired.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Brett Favre really did some damage to what the word "retirement" means in this league. Players retire for a reason, Witt definitely didn't retire on a snap decision. The Cowboys have already honored him, and it wouldn't really seem like Wittens personality to un-retire after all of that for what, three or four games?

pansophy

Reaction score
I don't think he would come back whether he was in shape or not.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I don't buy that.

If he's keeping himself in shape he could be ready to play if we sign him by week 16.

I know football shape is different but if he still works out then he could easily play a game if we sign him by week 16.

I watched Vinny Testaverde come off his couch and win a game for the Panthers at 40 something after he retired.

Might as well get Romo in there too than if you think they don't need to practice plays, get in shape and in-sync with what's going on.

Witt at least had some camp time.

conner01

Reaction score
Might as well get Romo in there too than if you think they don't need to practice plays, get in shape and in-sync with what's going on.

Witt at least had some camp time.
A little difference in position and time away from the game
I don’t see it happening but I have no doubt he could do it

DFWJC

Reaction score
Is this a possibility at all?

I'm sure the Cowboys would be all for it and doesn't MNF stop airing like week 16?

If Dallas knows they're going to the playoffs then the move makes sense if there isn't something in Wittens contract that won't allow it.

I remember the year Woodson retired and there being talk that he was close to joining us for the playoffs so that's why I thought of this.
Remember; Witten left Dallas and not the other way around. Dallas would've loved to have had him all along.....not their choice.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Brett Favre really did some damage to what the word "retirement" means in this league. Players retire for a reason, Witt definitely didn't retire on a snap decision. The Cowboys have already honored him, and it wouldn't really seem like Wittens personality to un-retire after all of that for what, three or four games?

It would be similar to when Dallas convinced Jackie Smith to un-retire after 4 games into the 1978 season.

jrumann59

Reaction score
IMHO he is done with JG and the absolute wasting of HoF careers in Dallas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IMHO he is done with JG and the absolute wasting of HoF careers in Dallas.

He did not seem happy at all with the offensive coaching staff on MNF.

I'm surprised more wasn't made of some of his comments.

At least when Romo makes comments about our coaches he at least gives people room to say you're reading too much into what he's thinking haha.

cern

Reaction score
are chances would be better for getting martellus bennett.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score

At least when Romo makes comments about our coaches he at least gives people room to say you're reading too much into what he's thinking haha.
I truly belive Linehan will be gone at the end of the season with all the talk from the FO about extending Dak. I don’t think Linehan is actually forming a gameplan around Dak but rather forming a simplistic offense for a young QB. Seems hard to develop a QB when the gameplan has a ceiling.

GMO415

Reaction score
tenor.gif

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I think Witten will ultimately settle down as a commentator. In fact I don't think he is bad at all, just needs work. To me it just seems he talks to much. Over commentates mabey.

He also doesnt have Romo's finess and charisma