Could we draft Wimbley from FSU?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
depends, if someone they really want slips, the percentage instantly raises to 98%
But the percentage of someone we would trade up for slipping within reach brings the overall probability to 2%.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I think it's highly unlikely that we trade up though

I agree, almost every position (besides OT) that is worth trading up for isnt a glaring need. We are in a special situation this year in a draft full of wonderful prospects and we dont need a player so bad we are willing to give up draft picks on.

Honestly, the only person we need that is in the top 10 IMO is D'brickishaw, the rest are just eye/stat candy.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
theogt said:
Moving up? 0.

Making a trade? I'd say 33%.
I hate to be the one to rain on everyone's parade here but I don't think we will take Wimbley. :mad:

Personally I would love to have him and he has surpassed Lawson on my board. But I think the guy that we have targeted is Howard Thomas from El Paso. I think that is why JJ and BP have been exploring trade down options lately. They can trade down, gain another pick or two and still get Thomas in late round 1 or early round 2. That would give us extra picks to try and hit on a couple of OL on the first day and still get a FS in the 3rd round as well.

I can't really see any scenario where it would be advantageous for us to move up in this draft. Certainly there are some guys worth moving up for if they fell far enough down the board but I really don't see that as much of a probability.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I hate to be the one to rain on everyone's parade here but I don't think we will take Wimbley. :mad:

Personally I would love to have him and he has surpassed Lawson on my board. But I think the guy that we have targeted is Howard Thomas from El Paso. I think that is why JJ and BP have been exploring trade down options lately. They can trade down, gain another pick or two and still get Thomas in late round 1 or early round 2. That would give us extra picks to try and hit on a couple of OL on the first day and still get a FS in the 3rd round as well.

I can't really see any scenario where it would be advantageous for us to move up in this draft. Certainly there are some guys worth moving up for if they fell far enough down the board but I really don't see that as much of a probability.
That's certainly a possibility.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Wimbley has the same birthday -- October 13 -- as Jerry Jones. And me. And Quincy Carter.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Wimbley has the same birthday -- October 13 -- as Jerry Jones. And me. And Quincy Carter.
Well, to quote Meat Loaf..."Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

Congratulations.

and...

I'm sorry.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Wimbley would be a very good pick. Personally I think Carpenter is a tad overrated.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
We could, however I prefer the more upside that comes with the Manny Lawson pick.