Could we get Hopkins or Fuller for Romo?

Gabe

Reaction score
That would be some crazy WR talent to put with Dez Bryant. This offense would be unstoppable. I think it would definitely be worth some consideration at this point. Would the Texans do this?

fishspill

Reaction score
No, but we can draft a WR and use FA effectively to bring in vets.

LittleD

Reaction score
Mod's can't you move these to someplace else... Seems to be a new one each morning.
Romo can't be traded and is not going to be traded. He will retire a Cowboys according
to Jerry. Geez.

Gabe

Reaction score
Why shouldn't something like this be considered/discussed? Im thinking about the future and long term success.

A trade like this would be a HUGE step in the right direction for this franchise. My primary concern, would the Texans do this?

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Yes, the Texans can totally trade for Romo with Brock's contract on the books. I mean, salary cap? Bah.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
That would be some crazy WR talent to put with Dez Bryant. This offense would be unstoppable. I think it would definitely be worth some consideration at this point. Would the Texans do this?
Fuller I'm sure but no way Hopkins. Guy would be the best WR in the league if he had a top QB.

Won't happen and shouldn't happen. Need Dak to sit for awhile while TR tries for his legacy. Romo gives us the best chance to win right now anyway. Dak, for all his good points, still needs time.

rynochop

Reaction score
I thought you had to have X number of posts or something to start a new thread? If not, there should be and this is Exhibit A.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Ridiculous. Some fans are constantly trying to trade or cut players. They beat the Commanders on Sunday and immediately there's people focusing on every negative play that happened. And Fuller might be fast but the team already has a body catcher

LittleD

Reaction score
Why shouldn't something like this be considered/discussed? Im thinking about the future and long term success.

A trade like this would be a HUGE step in the right direction for this franchise. My primary concern, would the Texans do this?

You could talk about this till the cows come home but, it is not going to happen. Jerry is not going to let it happen.
Romo is his boy and it will be Romo's call when to quit playing. His contract is not going to be taken by another team.

Gabe

Reaction score
You could talk about this till the cows come home but, it is not going to happen. Jerry is not going to let it happen.
Romo is his boy and it will be Romo's call when to quit playing. His contract is not going to be taken by another team.
Point well taken, im still new to being a Cowboys fan, and have known about Jerry's involvement in football operations for a while. I can see how frustrating this must be for fans who want to win.

Also, makes it pretty transparent as to WHY we haven't had success since Jimmy Johnson. This sums it up perfectly.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The reason people aren't taking this seriously is that the Texans wouldn't do such a thing, not in a million years.