Could we go WR in the first round?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yes we need LB, DT, RB , OL as we're set up now, we have young depth at the OL position that I'm sure they're HAPPY about and value tremendously going forward. If there's a WR that's slipped or even the kid who ran a 4.21 is there, would we consider going this way?

Depends on how we feel about cooks, we just lost Gallup, Tolbert made a few plays. What are your thoughts on this

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes we need LB, DT, RB , OL as we're set up now, we have young depth at the OL position that I'm sure they're HAPPY about and value tremendously going forward. If there's a WR that's slipped or even the kid who ran a 4.21 is there, would we consider going this way?

Depends on how we feel about cooks, we just lost Gallup, Tolbert made a few plays. What are your thoughts on this
Yes, they could. They also could go edge rusher if Latu is there.

Hardline

Reaction score
It wouldn't shock me if they took Adoni Mitchell. I wouldn't like it but I can see it happening.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if Brian Thomas Jr is there it could be a consideration but only if the OTs and OG/OC they want is gone.
I do not think they would take one of the Texas WRs here without trading down first.

morasp

Reaction score
A lot of people don't consider it a big need with Lamb and Cooks on the roster but I think it could really help the offense this season. Next years WR draft class may be weak like this years RB class and when Cooks contract is up we won't be scrambling to replace him. If one of them fell Nabers, Harrison, Odunze, or Thomas could be the BPA..

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Not saying its not a need but it seems it has been rather easy to trade for a #2 WR. Jeudy and Allen didn't go for much.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think if Brian Thomas Jr is there it could be a consideration but only if the OTs and OG/OC they want is gone.
I do not think they would take one of the Texas WRs here without trading down first.
did someone say TRADE DOWN!!!!???? I love it!!!!

J-man

Reaction score
I have said along that we could go WR at 24. JJ likes his shiny toys. But I think it would only happen if all the worthy OT's are gone and no trade back offered is worth taking.
But it would have to be one of the top flight WRs that fell.
Or it could also easily be a DT or DE that falls.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The Cowboys need to take the best player on the board. Can you name me one of the offensive linemen that Green Bay had that kicked are butts in the playoffs. Kicked the 49ers butts too. Green Bay just kept drafting skill players. Doubled down on wideouts and tight ends. Now they have the best young offense in the NFC.

rambo2

Reaction score
It will be interesting if these guys are available. Byron Murphy, Liatu Latu, Brian Thomas Jr., and Adonai Mitchell. These guys could bring in the move Tyler Smith to left tackle and play Bass at left guard and take best player available.

1942willys

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to take the best player on the board. Can you name me one of the offensive linemen that Green Bay had that kicked are butts in the playoffs. Kicked the 49ers butts too. Green Bay just kept drafting skill players. Doubled down on wideouts and tight ends. Now they have the best young offense in the NFC.
The Ghost of Matt Millen!