Country Music?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
How could anyone not like this....

Boring crap? Good lord, what's to like about it?

Country music: simple music for simple people.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Boring crap? Good lord, what's to like about it?

Country music: simple music for simple people.
Easy now.

That's like saying Rap music: thug music for thug people.

Or hard rock music: Druggie music for druggie people.

I think a ton more of you than to see you over classify a type of music.

And no, I do not think that about those genres.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Easy now.

Fair enough.

I just think country music sucks. From Conway Twitty to Garth Brooks to whoever it is now, the genre has never done it for me.

RaZon

Reaction score
Cover of a Hank Williams classic by pro rassler Sweet Daddy Siki

RaZon

Reaction score

I can usually go about a week maybe 10 days before it's an ice cold beer and some country music, nothing else will work.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easy now.

It is a music choice, not a lifestyle for the majority of listeners.

A lot of people change their music habits or have them changed by the change in the genre. When Grunge took over rock, I know a lot of people that left it.

Since Country borrows so many 50's-60's rock riffs, many gravitated to the newer country like Shania Twain and Restless Heart when they felt their music was changing. Nashville Country is like listening to nails on the chalkboard and especially the male singers, they all sound alike.

Radio Programmers and music research companies discovered many did not want to leave their music so the Classic Rock and Oldies formats came about and were, and some still are, very successful. They tried the same with Classic Country but that was not nearly as successful.

Where I am lost is in the new Pop music because I do not know any of those people. I am truly out of touch with the mainstream. However, it's my own choosing, the last Pop music I listened to was Neil Diamond, when it was new.

kskboys

Reaction score
It is a music choice, not a lifestyle for the majority of listeners.

A lot of people change their music habits or have them changed by the change in the genre. When Grunge took over rock, I know a lot of people that left it.

Since Country borrows so many 50's-60's rock riffs, many gravitated to the newer country like Shania Twain and Restless Heart when they felt their music was changing. Nashville Country is like listening to nails on the chalkboard and especially the male singers, they all sound alike.

Radio Programmers and music research companies discovered many did not want to leave their music so the Classic Rock and Oldies formats came about and were, and some still are, very successful. They tried the same with Classic Country but that was not nearly as successful.

Where I am lost is in the new Pop music because I do not know any of those people. I am truly out of touch with the mainstream. However, it's my own choosing, the last Pop music I listened to was Neil Diamond, when it was new.
Exactly.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think country music sucks. Some won't agree, but from Conway Twitty to whoever is popular now it just never moved me.

I realize country music touches some people. It just doesn't touch me. It doesn't do anything for me.

I've never understood country music's popularity, and probably never will. Such is life.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think country music sucks. Some won't agree, but from Conway Twitty to whoever is popular now it just never moved me.

I realize country music touches some people. It just doesn't touch me. It doesn't do anything for me.

I've never understood country music's popularity, and probably never will. Such is life.
Everyone has their type of music they can't stand. No need to tell them, however, as most will take it personally.

RaZon

Reaction score

So you don't get country music, as you have seen a lot of people do. I listen to everything, yep...metal, rap, hip hop, soul, funk etc etc...None of those genres have better artists than what we see in county and bluegrass. And the legends like Jimmie Rodgers, The Carter Family, Roy Acuff, Ernest Tubb, Hank Williiams, Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard, Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash,,,,,,on a par with anyone in music.

So what do you listen to, come on let's see what beats this.

RaZon

Reaction score

As we can see, a lot of people like country music, and why anyone would want to miss out,...?????

RaZon

Reaction score
This guy one of the founding fathers of that Appalachian high and lonesome sound. He recorded 10 songs in 1927, of course the classic Pretty Polly had to be one of them. After 1927.....poof!!!!.....we wouldn't hear him again until the 60's, Just one of the legends in early roots music.

Now some don't care about history, well I do, I like that ....depth.

Gotta widen those horizons.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Country music still sucks. I'll die on that hill.