Couple O' Random Thoughts:

PoetTree

Reaction score
---

Larry Allen will remain a Cowboy. He is certainly not what he was, but he's still very good at what he does. You will not see him overpowered and pushed back into Bledsoe. You won't see it. And despite some of his other deficiencies, that's a very important quality to Bill. He had one really bad game last season (against the Raiders) & one very average, sloppy game other than that (against the Lions). But otherwise, he was not the one giving up sacks on our QB. And he can still blow his man off the line in the running game, as well. Kosier may in fact represent the future. But I have a feeling that LA will be here for one more year.

We did not sign Adoyele yet... let him leave without a contract... because we view him as a backup. If we really saw him as the starter opposite Ware, he'd be a Cowboy right now. The fact that we let him leave indicates that we do, indeed, only view him as a replacement (possibly a slight upgrade) to Scott Fujita. Ware's counterpart is going to be found in the 1st-round of the draft. Unless there's some secret plot to snag Arrington, count on it.

Vinatieri is gonna be our kicker. Honestly, with Bryant, Nedney and Longwell all signed, he's the only guy out there with a realistic shot. Vanderjagt doesn't kickoff & there's no way that Bill gets a kicker who doesn't. This is a pricey reunion in the making.

Beyond this, I'm not sure. But I'm not real concerned about our somewhat slow start to free agency. Jerry warned us to expect this. He said that while there may be a flurry of signings right at the beginning, unlike years past in which free agency was always front-loaded, he expected there to be varied activity throughout. He thought it would be very balanced, with a mixture of high-profile signings and more moderate acquisitions all happening at different stages. I think we've seen evidence of this already, as there are still plenty of marquee players on the market.

We've got more moves to make. Just... wait....

;)

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I don't want the over rated Arrington....I to think Allen will remain..and hopefully we do over pay for Vinatieri.

playboidolla

Reaction score
I agree with that 100%......you have to be patient sometimes.....as they say the best things come to those who are patient.....just take a look at New England