Courtland Sutton changes everything. He’s best catch by Broncos in NFL draft since Von Miller

buddieluver

Reaction score
I was in camp in Houston with (DeAndre) Hopkins as a rookie. Very comparable,” Broncos coach Vance Joseph said.

This is not hyperbole, liar’s poker or fooling around. I will see Joseph’s praise, and raise it: For both the immediate and long-term fortunes of the Broncos, the most impactful player the team added in 2018 is not quarterback Case Keenum. It’s Sutton.

Through seven days of camp, Sutton has already made enough jaw-dropping catches to fill SportsCenter’s Top 10 Plays of the Week. The latest? In a situational drill designed to put Keenum and the Denver offense under the duress of working in the shadow of its own end zone, Keenum reared back and heaved a pass up the right sideline.

Near the 50-yard line, despite pass interference from first-string cornerback Bradley Roby, Sutton climbed a ladder borrowed from LeBron James to suspend gravity beneath his feet, grabbed the football and raced to the end zone for a touchdown more spectacular than anything we saw from the Broncos in 16 games last season.
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=524776

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was in camp in Houston with (DeAndre) Hopkins as a rookie. Very comparable,” Broncos coach Vance Joseph said.

This is not hyperbole, liar’s poker or fooling around. I will see Joseph’s praise, and raise it: For both the immediate and long-term fortunes of the Broncos, the most impactful player the team added in 2018 is not quarterback Case Keenum. It’s Sutton.

Through seven days of camp, Sutton has already made enough jaw-dropping catches to fill SportsCenter’s Top 10 Plays of the Week. The latest? In a situational drill designed to put Keenum and the Denver offense under the duress of working in the shadow of its own end zone, Keenum reared back and heaved a pass up the right sideline.

Near the 50-yard line, despite pass interference from first-string cornerback Bradley Roby, Sutton climbed a ladder borrowed from LeBron James to suspend gravity beneath his feet, grabbed the football and raced to the end zone for a touchdown more spectacular than anything we saw from the Broncos in 16 games last season.
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=524776
Love their WR corps

That defense should be so tough, they can already be in games.
Keenum isn't a star but he is an upgrade, and if the offense goes up a notch or two, they will be very competitive.
Tough division this year

jay94

Reaction score
I don't buy this hype, hope it works out for him, but I was very underwhelmed, by what I saw from him for where he was perceived to go.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
But we didn't need any of those guys..............the Eagles are shaking in their boots at having to stop Terrence Williams and Cole Beasley.

Hmm a top LB for a defense which LB was one of its many needs

A top OG on an OL which cratered the year prior due to injuries

or a WR who may or may not be any better than the guy we got in 3rd in Gallup

I know we like to pretend like anyone we draft sucks, and everyone else are rockstars because of one play. But maybe, just maybe we could let a preseason game begin before we already begin rueing not spending a high draft pick on a WR for a team that the fans complain doesn't run enough?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't buy this hype, hope it works out for him, but I was very underwhelmed, by what I saw from him for where he was perceived to go.
He wasn't picked until 40, so that seems like good value for Denver.

If he'd dropped further to us and especially if Conner Williams was already gone, I'm sure we would've grabbed him in the 2nd. May've taken even if Conner was there and then take Orlando Brown in the 3rd or someone else.

I liked out draft just fine though

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He wasn't picked until 40, so that seems like good value for Denver.

If he'd dropped further to us and especially if Conner Williams was already gone, I'm sure we would've grabbed him in the 2nd. May've taken even if Conner was there and then take Orlando Brown in the 3rd or someone else.

I liked out draft just fine though
I think Sutton was our guy at 52, but he went 40.

Williams and Gallup were good gets though

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmm a top LB for a defense which LB was one of its many needs

A top OG on an OL which cratered the year prior due to injuries

or a WR who may or may not be any better than the guy we got in 3rd in Gallup

I know we like to pretend like anyone we draft sucks, and everyone else are rockstars because of one play. But maybe, just maybe we could let a preseason game begin before we already begin rueing not spending a high draft pick on a WR for a team that the fans complain doesn't run enough?

Ok, I'll buy the Boise State kid. But G wasn't the problem last year. The primary and most important OL issue/deficiency was at back-up tackle. The entire offense collapsed without Tyron Smith. Conner Williams was a luxury pick.

You think running is going to be easier without a legit threat to the defense at WR? Offense is a balancing act, and we made this offense real easy to defend. This is the worst WR core Dallas has fielded since the 60's expansion team.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, he abused some undrafted free agent named Charvarious Ward.

Hardly the only thing being said about him. I'm sorry if you wanted one of the other guys, but it's not like we didn't draft legit needs in the 1st and 2nd rounds. And it's not like Gallup wasn't a good value or isn't showing well so far in camp.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Ok, I'll buy the Boise State kid. But G wasn't the problem last year. The primary and most important OL issue/deficiency was at back-up tackle. The entire offense collapsed without Tyron Smith. Conner Williams was a luxury pick.

You think running is going to be easier without a legit threat to the defense at WR? Offense is a balancing act, and we made this offense real easy to defend. This is the worst WR core Dallas has fielded since the 60's expansion team.

Have you watched cowboy football since the 60's?

Because i can name a few WR corps that were bloody awful in the last decade alone. But continue you're preach on how this rookie WR who hasn't even played a game yet is somehow worth us moving up in the second round to draft, because everyone else sucks so hard

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you watched cowboy football since the 60's?

Because i can name a few WR corps that were bloody awful in the last decade alone. But continue you're preach on how this rookie WR who hasn't even played a game yet is somehow worth us moving up in the second round to draft, because everyone else sucks so hard

Well go ahead. Name me a less accomplish group of cowboy wrs to start a season. Put up or shut your trap.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hardly the only thing being said about him. I'm sorry if you wanted one of the other guys, but it's not like we didn't draft legit needs in the 1st and 2nd rounds. And it's not like Gallup wasn't a good value or isn't showing well so far in camp.

Well, post something. You can't just throw out anonymous praise. Who is praising his TC work? I posted something kinda praising him.............working against soon to be cut camp bodies. If you have something else, link please.

Really.....G was a "need" in round 2. I disagree. Safety, DT, TE, and WR were far more pressing needs.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Well go ahead. Name me a less accomplish group of cowboy wrs to start a season. Put up or shut your trap.

Terry Glenn
Keyshawn Johnson
Pearless Price
Patrick Crayton
Terrance Copper

I'm quite sure people were shaking in there boots at the old men Glenn and Johnson coming at them.

But if you feel like okay at least they had experience, even if they sucked lets go with

Joey Galloway
Antonio Bryant
Ken-Yon Rambo
Reggie Swinton
Randall Williams
Darnay Scott

Like seriously? You want that group of WR's?

You're just being silly if you honestly think we have the worst group of WR's we've ever had since the expansion team. Are we fielding All Pro Wr's at each spot? No, but we have a collection of Solid to Good players, and one who has the potential to be something great (Gallup). Go to timeout and think about what you've done