Courtney Brown

nathanlt

Reaction score
Height: 6-13/8 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.34
courtneybrown.jpg

Strengths:
Has very good size and bulk...Timed speed is excellent...An outstanding leaper...A playmaker with good hands and ball skills...Has top-notch intangibles...A fantastic athlete...Can also contribute on special teams...Has a lot of upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
Did not play against elite competition...Still raw in terms of technique and is not yet a finished product...Didn't get many opportunities as a senior because teams threw away from him...Has some durability concerns...Is he a bit too overhyped?

Notes:
Played wide receiver as a freshman...He missed virtually the entire 2004 season due to a knee injury suffered in the season opener...Classic workout warrior who went from off the radar to a draftable prospect after an amazing Pro Day in which he ran in the low 4.3's with a 41 1/2 inch vertical...Hails from the same Division I-AA program that produced recent 3rd round picks Jordan Beck and Chris Gocong the last two years...Most certainly a very intriguing late round developmental guy

I like him, he seems like a big upside guy whose biggest knock on him is that he's from a small school, that's incidentally rising in prominence.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
is this a race for some people to be the 1st to post it? : ) kinda makes me wish the mods would have a static thread for each pick and you could only reply in them and not create threads for a few days.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Whew, I've been wanting this guy all day and watching him fall...and fall...and we take him in the 7th. Frickin awesome. Terrific pick.

bfelt

Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6739464

1. Courtney Brown, CB, Cal-Poly: Not to be confused with the former Cleveland top overall pick with the same name, Brown is a cornerback with blazing speed. Though he didn't run at the Combine, the Cal-Poly star ripped off a mind-boggling 4.32 40-yard dash when he participated in a campus day workout. In 2005, Brown had 7 interceptions, and played most of the year in '06 without the ball being thrown his way. Brown was an All-Great West Football Conference first team selection in '06, and a second team All-American in '05.

Projected Draft Position: Third or Fourth Round
Schrager Mock Draft Position: Third Round, No. 90 to Philadelphia