Courtney Upshaw is who we need

JBS

Reaction score
sign me up for the BAD A draft plan...Best Alabama Defender Available

tops on my list is probably Courtney Upshaw..not many people on here like him...but he is EXACTLY what this team is missing..he is a bad *** dude! this team needs some mean, physically imposing players..we dont have any..Upshaw is precisely what I have been looking for, for this defense for the last few years...he isnt the most athletic player out there, but the kid is ferocious and has a non stop motor!

lol @ the anthony spencer comparisons..not even close

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's amazing how all over the map we are with the draft this year. There still is yet to be a common theme and we've already reached April.

JBS

Reaction score
Risen Star;4491037 said:
It's amazing how all over the map we are with the draft this year. There still is yet to be a common theme and we've already reached April.

unbelievable..i absolutely hate it...but its a good thing...its good because its absolutely ******** if we know who the team will take..which is usually the case..not this year..if we know, then the whole world knows

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GloryDaysRBack;4491047 said:
unbelievable..i absolutely hate it...but its a good thing...its good because its absolutely ******** if we know who the team will take..which is usually the case..not this year..if we know, then the whole world knows

Yeah, I really like not knowing. Makes the actual draft much more interesting. It's why I usually like the mid to late rounds even more because it's more of a guessing game.

I just got done reading a thread that called Upshaw a product of the Alabama defense and maybe the 8th best OLB prospect in this draft. Then I click on your thread for an exact opposite view. This basically happens daily.

One thing's for sure, there are going to be a lot of happy and angry people around here the night of April 26th.

JBS

Reaction score
Risen Star;4491057 said:
Yeah, I really like not knowing. Makes the actual draft much more interesting. It's why I usually like the mid to late rounds even more because it's more of a guessing game.

I just got done reading a thread that called Upshaw a product of the Alabama defense and maybe the 8th best OLB prospect in this draft. Then I click on your thread for an exact opposite view. This basically happens daily.

One thing's for sure, there are going to be a lot of happy and angry people around here the night of April 26th.

upshaws motor is non stop..kid is a product of his motor and brute strength..but i can see why the haters hate..he isnt flashy..he just produces..

RS12

Reaction score
At 280 pounds and stiff in coverage he figures as 4-3 LDE IMO. Unless the team plans to go back to a base 4-3 I dont see him being the pick.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
RS12;4491076 said:
At 280 pounds and stiff in coverage he figures as 4-3 LDE IMO. Unless the team plans to go back to a base 4-3 I dont see him being the pick.
Pretty much how I see it.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Risen Star;4491057 said:

That happens every year...

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Risen Star;4491037 said:

That's because this draft class is weak, almost void of any real first round talnet.

dstew60105

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4491035 said:
sign me up for the BAD A draft plan...Best Alabama Defender Available

tops on my list is probably Courtney Upshaw..not many people on here like him...but he is EXACTLY what this team is missing..he is a bad *** dude! this team needs some mean, physically imposing players..we dont have any..Upshaw is precisely what I have been looking for, for this defense for the last few years...he isnt the most athletic player out there, but the kid is ferocious and has a non stop motor!

lol @ the anthony spencer comparisons..not even close

No Thanks to Upshaw.

Macnalty

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4491066 said:
upshaws motor is non stop..kid is a product of his motor and brute strength..but i can see why the haters hate..he isnt flashy..he just produces..

Funny I see the same thing in Dont'a Hightower only more athletic and quicker. Lots of different opinions this year.

We were all spoiled those years of Darren McFadden, and Patrick Peterson. We all wanted to trade our first three picks for those sure things, no real sure things after the first four selections this year for us to covet.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Why draft Courney Upshaw to play OLB when we already have Marcus Spears to play OLB. :muttley:

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
There are a lot to like about this years prospects if you select them properly.

DL and LB is good at the top of the Draft but tails off quickly. While OL can be had on day 3.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Upshaw could end up 295 and a perfect 3-4 DE. He certainly has the motor and plays with legit hunger to inflict damage.

You could also use him easily as a 4-3 SDE.

I do believe he is a fit here for us.

But athletically he is probably a 25th area player. Do we rate his intangibles high enough to grab him at 14? I'd guess not quite but could target him after a trade down provided Cox or other targets have been selected before 14.

I'd rate Upshaw 3rd at 3-4 DE. Behind Cox and Brockers. Less upside than either but a fairly safe pick.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4491066 said:

Yeah, but will *only* brute force and motor work at the NFL level? He isn't Suh.

I think the kid will play at the NFL level, I just don't think he will be an OLB.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
jterrell;4492003 said:
Upshaw could end up 295 and a perfect 3-4 DE. He certainly has the motor and plays with legit hunger to inflict damage.

You could also use him easily as a 4-3 SDE.

I do believe he is a fit here for us.

But athletically he is probably a 25th area player. Do we rate his intangibles high enough to grab him at 14? I'd guess not quite but could target him after a trade down provided Cox or other targets have been selected before 14.

I'd rate Upshaw 3rd at 3-4 DE. Behind Cox and Brockers. Less upside than either but a fairly safe pick.

I agree that is where he fits but I think he is a higher risk than Cox because he has never done what you are going to be asking him to do. I have no idea if he can play inside the tackle and get penetration. I think he can but that is riskier than most.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
He is also 6-2 and that is far shorter than most of the successful 5 techniques.

JBS

Reaction score
cowboysooner;4492131 said:
He is also 6-2 and that is far shorter than most of the successful 5 techniques.

No way he's playing 5tech