Cover32: Dallas Cowboy Top 5: Potential draft picks

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboy Top 5: Potential draft picks
By Ray Schichtel
February 20, 2015 8:00 am CST

http://cover32.com/cowboys/2015/02/20/dallas-cowboy-top-5-potential-draft-picks/

As the 2015 combine in Indianapolis begins here are my Top 5 potential draft picks for 2015 to keep an eye on.

Shaq Thompson, Washington (LB, SS, HB):

Here’s a guy that played both sides of the ball! In the NFL, he’s a biscuit or two away from being a linebacker which is why I wouldn’t select as one. He is talented enough to even be used as a running threat on offense as he rushed for 456 yards. But what I like about him is that he’s built to play Strong Safety. A position we could add for depth. Versatility is what makes this guys abilities unique. But I would draft him as a Safety. Defensive players typically last longer in the league, too. He’s very quick and opportunistic as he scored four touchdowns off fumbles and interceptions. At 6’1″ and 228 he’s got the size and quickness to become our next defensive playmaker.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This caught my eye, real quick:

La’el Collins, LSU (OT):

Agility, Athleticism. A physical Tackle that displays a mean streak In ways that a former Cowboy great Erik Williams did. Quick hands. Pass protection seems to be his strength and sustains blocks and will stay upright. Could be the guy to replace Doug Free.

His addition would give the offensive line some great youth and dominance for quite a while.

Tejano15

Reaction score
I have on my top 7 targets that could be at 27.

Dupree
Clemmings
Gordon
Odighizuwa
Preston Smith
Gurley
Malcolm Brown

dwreck27

Reaction score
Even with all the off the field baggage...

Peters from Washington is my pick