News: Cow Bites - CeeDee Catch, Chido's Game

catiii

Reaction score
We have been assuming that it was a terrible pass and maybe it was. But *if* Ceedee was supposed to run towards the back corner pylon...the pass was perfect and the route wasn't run correctly. Either way: stunning catch.

Watch the clip: Ceedee was *not* running towards pylon.

(I don't claim to know how route was designed)

I reckon that was planned for the Pylon - Lamb KNEW it - and faked the outside move to the sideline and the stunning redirection to the ball. I think it was all planned and executed perfectly to put the CB out of position.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yes...I am talking to/about the extreme guys. Aria, Roy. Not anybody that says one thing about zeke. Does "ewok" ring a bell? Yes...that's the kind of thing I'll fight all day everyday. Personal disrespect in our own house. I never claimed "I don't come to his defense".

So I looked up what your are talking about....and I get it now. I didn't see it was YOU Dre was replying to. LOL......Since we're sitting here calling each other out....I think we can agree you were never a Zeke fan....except for a few moments in 2016, then you bailed. That's fine but we're keeping it real...right? I think we can agree you are AT LEAST a mild "hater". But I wasn't really talking at or about YOU. Just encouraging Dre to go ahead and use some facts. As...there is certainly one thing we agree on....some true hatin' trolls here on both players.

For the record....I haven't replied at or to pappy about Dak. I don't agree with him but not gonna waste my time with him either. I have given encouragement and support to Dak....and if I have to I'll find them....I don;t really want to waste my time on something I know is true. But hey....if you object...sure... I will go ahead and show you. (For example I have said several times I;d rather have Dak in a HEARTBEAT over lawrence. FACT!)

I honestly don't think you're being fair here. I've not blown smoke up Zeke's behind in two years. In fact I have been VERY (fairly) critical of him. I also so far, have not heard back about even one unfair "attack" statement I have made about Dak.

Being more accurate on where a receiver WILL BE when the ball arrives....is totally fair. Being more aware in the pocket? Totally fair. Never said he sucked with either one. Never called for his head like a lot of people do with Zeke.

About the only player I;m struggling with right now is Jaylon. But you;d hardly know it, would ya? Cause I don't openly hate...on ANYONE. I really can't figure him out He looks injured.

Over, and out.
Steve you have got to be one of my favorite passive aggressive posters around I think Ill remember with respect our battle leading up to the draft and Ill continue to have those battles with you. I dont hate anyone but I suppose in terms of internet forum talk I can be considered a mild hater.

if it help you put some perspective on it I like Zeke less than i did Romo but I rooted for him and ill root for Zeke. I started to bail on zeke in 2018 and more in 2019 after the contract fiasco. in terms of where I think you sit on the cowboy star spectrum I truly believe you still sit in front of the team Zeke bus. (and dude thats ok)

I think part of it is you were so adamant in 2016 and you don't want to end up wrong or being perceived wrong the other is you love you some OSU and its hard to put that completely behind you. I feel similar about the U.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yes...that is because you've muddled it up ..a lot. You are trying to drill down a little too much. Not sure why you are trying to trap me...this doesn't seem like a discussion anymore....if it ever was.

It's like you are telling me there's no such thing as "trust" or "rapport" between a QB and receiver?

Getting a vet back in his game and develop a young receiver. Of course I am not saying just fling it any old where. DEVLOP that relationship. I didn't think it was that difficult.

I suppose I can't follow what YOU are really after. I suppose here's where we both throw our hands up and walk.
My point is that the pass had nothing to do with trust or rapport, it was just a bad throw. Therefore, Dak can't learn anything from it.

Of course trust and rapport matter, but that wasn't true for David Tyree lmao.

T-RO

Reaction score
By your own logic of trust and anticipation, that ball has to go to the sideline or to the pylon.

It didn't go to either. There's no scenario in which that is a good throw, especially since we saw them run the same play again, and the route still didn't go to the pylon.

Don't think you understand. In football parlance a play can go "to" something or "towards" something. 90% of the time it's the "towards" variety. It's a matter of direction--not destination. Run the route "towards" the flag, goalposts, etc.

And quarterbacks are taught to throw *away* from the defender.

Ball was thrown towards corner pylon and away from defender. Good bias that was pro-receiver/anti-defense--towards what would have been his open shoulder had Ceedee run correct route.

As for some QB debate...not interested. I'm pro-Dak.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Don't think you understand. In football parlance a play can go "to" something or "towards" something. 90% of the time it's the "towards" variety. It's a matter of direction--not destination. Run the route "towards" the flag, goalposts, etc.

And quarterbacks are taught to throw *away* from the defender.

Ball was thrown towards corner pylon and away from defender. Good bias that was pro-receiver/anti-defense--towards what would have been his open shoulder had Ceedee run correct route.

As for some QB debate...not interested. I'm pro-Dak.
If it was towards the pylon, it missed by a mile lol. That's the point

T-RO

Reaction score
If it was towards the pylon, it missed by a mile lol. That's the point

Missed by a mile? I'd say it was near perfect: receiver running to corner...you target his outside shoulder.
cornerPylon.jpg

As for Dak learning anything from the play? That's another poster's contention--and I don't agree w/it.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Missed by a mile? I'd say it was near perfect: receiver running to corner...you target his outside shoulder.
cornerPylon.jpg

As for Dak learning anything from the play? That's another poster's contention--and I don't agree w/it.
Wrong shoulder, 5 yards short of the pylon. Yes, bad throw by a mile

T-RO

Reaction score
Wrong shoulder, 5 yards short of the pylon. Yes, bad throw by a mile

How many times must it be explained? TOWARDS the pylon...not to the pylon. And had Ceedee run the route correctly the ball would have been on his OUTSIDE shoulder.

Cmac

Reaction score
How many times must it be explained? TOWARDS the pylon...not to the pylon. And had Ceedee run the route correctly the ball would have been on his OUTSIDE shoulder.
….in the big scheme of things, outside of that catch....CeeDee numbers have been rather pedestrian.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Interesting. I hadn't heard that. I did hear a guy on dallascowboys.com media (Jessie Holley, I think) repeatedly say it was a terrible pass. Made me curious to check it out. As I understand the QB's are usually throwing to a spot on those plays.

What's weird is that Holley said the play was supposed to go to corner pylon, but he never evaluated where Ceedee was actually running.
OK maybe I’m an idiot as I’ve watched the play several times - did it look to anyone like the pass was headed for the pylon??