Video: CowBites – Time for Pollard?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I find this interesting.
It is one thing if the official site plays the full videos of the coverage guys talking.

It seems to be another thing when they break up a small sound bite like this from the whole video and put it out.

One wonders if they are finally hearing the fans and are now thinking about making a change so they are floating it out there. I don't know if Jerry and Stephen are that savvy to do that type of thing though.

RaZon

Reaction score
This look like a bell cow RB , hell no!

rolx6d5flnt7gmr3k0wn.jpg

Zeke is 225 pounds of mean, vicious, kick your butt, FEED ME GRRRRRRRRR!!!! Pollard is a 210 pound speedster, his thing is zooming around not WHAM!!!!!

The last thing we need is to get silly with this and get the guy hurt.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I am a huge Zeke fan. However. Pollard needs a bigger role in the offense. I dont know why they dont run 2 RB sets. Or bounce it out with Pollard with Zeke on the field.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I find this interesting.
It is one thing if the official site plays the full videos of the coverage guys talking.

It seems to be another thing when they break up a small sound bite like this from the whole video and put it out.

One wonders if they are finally hearing the fans and are now thinking about making a change so they are floating it out there. I don't know if Jerry and Stephen are that savvy to do that type of thing though.

You really think Pollard is a full-time back?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

rolx6d5flnt7gmr3k0wn.jpg

Zeke is 225 pounds of mean, vicious, kick your butt, FEED ME GRRRRRRRRR!!!! Pollard is a 210 pound speedster, his thing is zooming around not WHAM!!!!!

Some of out fans don't know squat....I'm happy to see a fan like you...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is our most effective back and needs a bigger role.

This whole carry the load thing or whatever is silly. Most teams don’t operate that way and Zeke can still have a big role on this offense but it’s clear he needs to do less and Pollard needs to do more.
So....you agree that he's not a full time back....good

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

rolx6d5flnt7gmr3k0wn.jpg

Pollard is one of the best yards after contact runners in football.

Zeke’s vicious kick your butt your style isn’t working.

It’s a big play league and big plays will win us games. Not 2.5 yard do nothing runs with no upside.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Don't know why everyone's getting hung up on whether Pollard is a full-time back or not, right now he's a better back than an injured Elliott. Right now Zeke is not the bell cow, he's the cow hanging in the butchers shop.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So....you agree that he's not a full time back....good

Zekes not a full time back either. He hasn’t been in years.

He can’t be effective and play all the time.

All of these 2nd contract RBs break down.

Pollard has a McCaffrey & Kamara skill set and they are both sidelined.

Zeke should be sidelined but our team is too stubborn.

This should be a lesson for all of these stupid NFL teams who like paying big money to RBs.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really think Pollard is a full-time back?

What I think about Pollard is immaterial. It's what the Cowboys FO and coaching staff think about it.
Jerry is saying he still sees Zeke as the workhorse while they are breaking up a part of a sound clip and putting it out on the official site.

At the very least it should make you go...hmmmm interesting.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be careful what you wish for....remember when y'all wanted McGovern? Yeah......

Let's go back to the RB position.

I remember a group clamoring for Hambrick to start over emmitt because when Hambrick got in as a backup he looked good.

Turns out Emmitt was on his last legs, it also turned out that Hambrick did not do well as the starter.

JMech

Reaction score
I think everyone forgets how effective Zeke is in pass blocking and although I love the change of pace Pollard brings, he sucks at blocking. So do you want Dak killed or not?

ItzKelz

Reaction score

rolx6d5flnt7gmr3k0wn.jpg

He and Kamara are the same weight. My point is that you can be a lead back and not be 225.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Pollard is one of the best yards after contact runners in football.

Zeke’s vicious kick your butt your style isn’t working.

It’s a big play league and big plays will win us games. Not 2.5 yard do nothing runs with no upside.

It's not working because he is consistently being asked to do it against 300 pound men and not 200-240 pound men. It's harder to break tackles from guys literally 100 pounds bigger than you. Neither back is doing all that well in those matchups and whether you blame the line or just the play calling, 90% of our running plays ask Zeke and Pollard to overpower of 300+ pound guys just to get a couple yards. And sometimes we want them to do it against two such dudes. The only exceptions of late have been the gadget plays and the one or two wide plays Moore will call per game. Everything else has been hammer it between the tackles even though we are getting zero movement up front. Jim Brown couldn't gain yards with what we are giving our guys inside. We need to run outside and off tackle more but clearly a gimpy Zeke aint gittin outside on nobody so that needs to be Pollard. Yes you also have to run inside some to keep the defense honest but it can't be 90/10 like it has been. It needs to be closer to 50/50. We HAVE to have other running plays in our playbook beside delay draw up the gut!??!!?!