Cowboy Clutch teams a thing of the Past

landryscorner

Reaction score
....bad coaching, bad play calling and an ineffective quarterback has caused our team to be an inneffective clutch team, there were the days when we as cowboy fans could actually say we can come back but in recent years i haven't been able to see that, many fans on here have said that the cowboys always go for 3 when we need 8...on 3rd downs, and some of you argue that you take what the defense can give you, well I say bull....I wonder what goes through the minds of parcells and the coordinators when they see a 3rd and 9 and then go for a dump pass....maybe its in there manual I dont care, if we keep playing like this on 3rd downs and run on every dam 2nd down were not gonna get nowhere, i mean geez look at this talent 2 pro bowlers witten and TO, Terry Glenn high yards per catch and we can't get 8 yards!! 8 yards...if we keep playing like this in the next 4 weeks im gonna loose all my hair...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just as frustrated as anybody else, but we had "clutch" wins last year at San Diego, at Philly and at home against Kansas City. This team has done some come-from-behind stuff. It just continues to shoot itself in the foot with untimely mistakes and miscues.

What really upset me yesterday is that coming from behind is not something we should have needed to do. We should have been ahead 17-0 in the first quarter. We beat ourselves, which is unacceptable. I hope this is a wake up call and they turn it up a notch from here on out. Without the penalties, turnovers and missed kick, the play calling wouldn't look so bad.

dfense

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita said:
I'm just as frustrated as anybody else, but we had "clutch" wins last year at San Diego, at Philly and at home against Kansas City. This team has done some come-from-behind stuff. It just continues to shoot itself in the foot with untimely mistakes and miscues.

What really upset me yesterday is that coming from behind is not something we should have needed to do. We should have been ahead 17-0 in the first quarter. We beat ourselves, which is unacceptable. I hope this is a wake up call and they turn it up a notch from here on out. Without the penalties, turnovers and missed kick, the play calling wouldn't look so bad.

You're right. But the "what have you done for me today" tend to forget about any previous history. Hey, Bledsoe had a bad game and the defense didn't help him when he needed it.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Heck, the real clutch day were from Roger the Dodger...The 90's Boys were ahead most of the time and really weren't looking to comeback too often.