Cowboy Draft Day Thoughts!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
-I believe the Cowboys #1 target is CJ Henderson. It has been reported the drop-off from him and the #3 CB is great. He scares the hell out of me as a tackler, but make no mistake he has elite coverage abilities. Will he be there at 17? Will the Cowboys move up to draft him? No, to both. However, I do not see in any scenario, the Cowboys not drafting a CB thru the first 2 rounds of the draft.

-Since we are hearing very little buzz about the WR position, I'm sensing the Cowboys won't address until day 3 of the draft, could be wrong, but they may just take advantage of a deep class. Will they draft just a slot receiver only? Maybe, but I believe they will want a receiver who can also be a factor as a punt returner. Lynn Bowden Jr. might fit the bill.

-Will this team use a premium pick on a starting caliber safety? I wouldn't rule out McKinney or Delpit if they are the best available on their board, but believe Burgess is their safety target, perhaps in the 3rd rd range.

-The team drafting an off-the ball linebacker seem likely. They are going to play multiple fronts and need more in their stable.

reddyuta

Reaction score
lets hope they are not looking for a slot WR,some of these guys have true #1 and #2 potential even in RD 2 and 3.

Sydla

Reaction score
Henderson scares me. If we go DB at 17, I'd take McKinney over him.

Agree.

I saw a tweet that said if they went McKinney, he could start at SS, Clinton-Dix plays his better FS spot and then Woods can float between slot and S.

CB - Awuzie, Brown, Lewis, Woods
S - McKinney, Wilson, Dix, Woods

That's not a bad secondary.

Verdict

Reaction score
I just hope they go BPA and draft guys who can actually play football.

I hope it’s not Chaisson at #17. I like Gallimore much better than Chaisson and we might be able to trade back and still get Gallimore. Gallimore may also go higher than expected.

Einstein

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long we have for each pick in each round? Is it the same as last year, or did they make adjustments due to the stay at home draft thing?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agree.

I saw a tweet that said if they went McKinney, he could start at SS, Clinton-Dix plays his better FS spot and then Woods can float between slot and S.

CB - Awuzie, Brown, Lewis, Woods
S - McKinney, Wilson, Dix, Woods

That's not a bad secondary.

Not bad, but I'd like to add another corner ... and possibly by the second round. We need competition for those starting CB spots.

I won't mind at all if our first two picks are DBs.

Sheffielder74UK

Reaction score
I am hoping brown drops to 9/10 and we jump up and grab him. I see him as the only player who I know would make us instantly better. Would be mayhem up top

chaisson or Henderson I don’t see as different makers

Kaiser

Reaction score
-The team drafting an off-the ball linebacker seem likely. They are going to play multiple fronts and need more in their stable.

They resigned Sean Lee before the draft instead of after, IMO that really reduces the position need at LB. I think CB is the only position they have to draft, but obviously they will load up at CB and RDE because of the talent available. Also WR and OT later on since its such a deep draft for those spots.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Really want to see if one of those top picks everyone has in the top 10 fall. If Simmons falls to 10 or later wouldn't be upset to see Dallas take him as a SS who also can rush the QB.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Really want to see if one of those top picks everyone has in the top 10 fall. If Simmons falls to 10 or later wouldn't be upset to see Dallas take him as a SS who also can rush the QB.
Don't think Dallas talked to Simmons. I think 1st pick will be someone they did a virtual call with. think they treat those the same as 30 visits. Henderson, Chaisson, Terrell in that order.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am hoping brown drops to 9/10 and we jump up and grab him. I see him as the only player who I know would make us instantly better. Would be mayhem up top

chaisson or Henderson I don’t see as different makers

I don't think any team will trade up for Brown while Kinlaw is still available.

As soon as Brown (or Kinlaw) is gone, teams will be thinking about trading up for other one.

cowboyec

Reaction score
still think our pick will be K'Lavon Chaisson,DE-Lsu.
but if he gets plucked before 17....Im starting to feel momentum for S Xavier McKinney,Alabama.

sounds like we come out of this draft with a QB...mortensen on espn says maybe friday night...

lotta good LBs up and down the draft board...I think its pretty safe we come out with a good'n.
would we take one in Rd2?...(Jordyn Brooks,Tx Tech).

my favorite WRs in this group are KJ Hill,Ohio St and James Proche,Smu...I hope one of them ends up with ☆.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They resigned Sean Lee before the draft instead of after, IMO that really reduces the position need at LB. I think CB is the only position they have to draft, but obviously they will load up at CB and RDE because of the talent available. Also WR and OT later on since its such a deep draft for those spots.

If they are going to run multiple fronts, adding another linebacker makes sense. Is it a must have? No, but I think it something they would like to do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
-I believe the Cowboys #1 target is CJ Henderson. It has been reported the drop-off from him and the #3 CB is great. He scares the hell out of me as a tackler, but make no mistake he has elite coverage abilities. Will he be there at 17? Will the Cowboys move up to draft him? No, to both. However, I do not see in any scenario, the Cowboys not drafting a CB thru the first 2 rounds of the draft.

-Since we are hearing very little buzz about the WR position, I'm sensing the Cowboys won't address until day 3 of the draft, could be wrong, but they may just take advantage of a deep class. Will they draft just a slot receiver only? Maybe, but I believe they will want a receiver who can also be a factor as a punt returner. Lynn Bowden Jr. might fit the bill.

-Will this team use a premium pick on a starting caliber safety? I wouldn't rule out McKinney or Delpit if they are the best available on their board, but believe Burgess is their safety target, perhaps in the 3rd rd range.

Have no idea who they pick just happy as a clam the draft is tonight!!!!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think this draft sounds too simple so it’s not simple. Experts have us narrowed down to 2-3 guys if there. I can see us making a move up or down and it maybe being a surprise guy

BTW heard for weeks that Philly loves Jefferson at WR. Now hearing they love Reagor. I expect movement

rags747

Reaction score
still think our pick will be K'Lavon Chaisson,DE-Lsu.
but if he gets plucked before 17....Im starting to feel momentum for S Xavier McKinney,Alabama.

sounds like we come out of this draft with a QB...mortensen on espn says maybe friday night...

lotta good LBs up and down the draft board...I think its pretty safe we come out with a good'n.
would we take one in Rd2?...(Jordyn Brooks,Tx Tech).

my favorite WRs in this group are KJ Hill,Ohio St and James Proche,Smu...I hope one of them ends up with ☆.
Swing for Greatness, Chaisson please...