Cowboy Fans who also Happen to be NFL Fans

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
This post is addressed to those Cowboy fans who also like to keep dibbs on other teams throughout the NFL. Like it or not, we're your neighbors and we share a lot more views in common than the average fan would expect.

That said, it's 5:44 am, Eastern Standard Time -- I'm anticipating tonights game with the Pittsburgh Steelers. But what exactly should I be looking for? Here's my list ...

1). A win! (don't give me that look, everyone's bottom line is the "W." Ok, perhaps a tad homeristic -- I can live with that):rolleyes:

2) Everyone knows that our WR corp has been tapped (to say the least) But this is a great chance for the entire NFL to see just what impact injuries, trades, and other transitions have Impacted that component of our ofensive threat. Our young WRs must step up -- and they all know it!

Other than our remaining vets like Greg Lewis, who are they?

Billy McMullen
Reggie Brown
Justin Jenkins
Robert Redd

3) Rookie Running Backs

Sure, why not look for some "diamonds in the rough!" I'm looking closely at second-round pick Reggie Brown (WR), fourth-round pick Todd Herremans (LT), and third-round pick Ryan Moats (RB); possible backup for Brian Westbrook (he's had the flu).

4) Donovan McNabb's back ups will be interesting to watch also -- Detmer and McMahon -- they may have one or two eyes opening up on their skills
and talents.
081505-koy.jpg

5) Of course the dreaded "I" word is always on everyone's mind -- hope they are few and minor if any.

6) One of the things I noticed that many Cowboy fans observed in your preseason game was QB speed and OL execution. I'll be taking notice of all that as well.

Bottom line: I think this game will be exciting from whistle to whistle! I don't expect my team to come out and "show-it-all!" But I do expect to see some of the same zeal from SB runnerups. What a team to be matchedup with, the Steelers have never Been a slouch -- and I don't expect them to turn over a walk away. Of course I'll keep an eye on the basic X's and O's.

7) Since Pittsburgh is a "run" team, I'll look hard at How our defense deals with that aspect and the blitz packages. Bettus may have some surprises waiting -- I believe Duce is either in recovery or expecting surgery.When the dust settles I'm looking for no major injuriesand an Eagles' victory.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be curious to see how Ryan Moats and Reggie Brown does.

It normally takes most of a year and going into the second year for some WRs to get used to the WCO so I am not expecting too much from Reggie unless they are just practicing some very basic routes for him.