Cowboy greats turning on the team

Creeper

Reaction score
I have been a Cowboys fan since I was about 12. That's 53 years! I have seen it all and this team is not the worst we've had - by a long shot. The late 1980s teams were pretty miserable. The Quincy Carter/Chad Hutchinson years were bad too. The Quincy Carter draft had to be one of the most painful experiences in Cowboys fan history. This team has a lot more talent than those teams. I cannot think of a head coach who was worse than Garrett though. Other coaches like Wade Philips just had bad teams. After Jimmy Johnson left, the Cowboys were an aging team with banged up former stars. That's when we got our first taste of Jerry Jones. He had no idea how to back-fill the talent he had with new talent. Throughout all the lean years I never heard Jerry ever say the team needed a rebuild or overhaul. He always thought more of his players than they were and I am guessing he is doing it again. Jerry always thinks his team is one or two players away when they are not even close. This team is not close. Trading for Amari Cooper was just feeding Jerry's delusion that one WR was going to open things up and turn things around. We saw last night what folly that is.

As a fan, I was looking forward to the 2019 draft because I thought Dallas would be selecting in the top 12, maybe even the top 8. There are so many possibilities at that position. Of course everyone is focused on WR. Is that really our greatest need? Ask yourselves, where was Beasely last night? Did he suddenly lose his ability to get open? No, the Cowboys have needs at several positions and the 1st round pick could have been used to fill any one of them. But Jerry traded it away because, as you know, we are one player away from winning the division.

blueblood70

Reaction score
GOOD WE NEED pressure from everywhere Jerry is status quo after drinking too much Blue JW..he needs a reality check..Please for the luv of god Stephen or Will take this control away from Jerry and make the moves that are FOR the players and fans not your friends lists..loyalty only goes so far..TIME TO MOVE ON JERRY!!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is enshrined already in the HOF. He has his gold jacket and 3 Super Bowls. Nothing at all from now on is hurting his legacy. He's set for life.

Tell that to Heisman trophy winner and one of the all time great RBs, OJ Simpson.

Okay, Jerry probably isn't going end up accused of brutally murdering his ex-wife and her friend. He probably will never have an ex-wife. But Al Davis legacy took a hit when he went through years of bad football later in his career, and he was essentially mocked the last 7-8 years of his life

kevm3

Reaction score
The team stinks so bad that even the mild mannered cant act like a pleasant aroma is filling the air

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garrett has lost the national media , and now ... even the paid journalists in the cowboys website.

Its done , . Its over ,.