Cowboy players playing hoops at the YMCA

QT

Reaction score
This past off season, Romo and some of the Cowboys players have been playing at the YMCA in downtown. They were in a bball league that played on Mondays. I tried to catch them a couple of times, but the times I went, Romo didn't show. I heard Romo could ball so I wanted to see it for myself.

Last night they played their last game which was a playoff game. I think they got beat by 3. My friend was watching and said that Romo can ball. I know he was like 2nd best player in Wisconsin next to Caron Butler, but that might have been a steep gap between #1 and #2. My friends and I play ball alot so you can tell who has game. He said Romo could "PLAY DIS GAME" (old funny mavericks commercial with those two skinny white guys).

O yeah, T.O. showed up. T.O. is on the team, but rarely shows up. During the game, I heard he missed a few layups and wasn't that good. Also, I think Witten plays on the team. My friend said to T.O., "you just gonna show up for the playoff game huh?" I think he said T.O. smiled.

I missed it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
QuanTran;1506305 said:
I know he was like 2nd best player in Wisconsin next to Caron Butler, but that might have been a steep gap between #1 and #2.

I object your Honor. It is speculation and should be striken from the record. :nono2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's cool, QuanTran. Next time tell your friend to take a camera. We want pictures!! :)

QT

Reaction score
Well, it was the last game of the season. I'm surprised they let Tony, TO, and Witten play.

It was funny, I asked if the other team was star struck. My friend said, they didn't give a ratt's arse who they were.

ethiostar

Reaction score
TO is playing bball? with his recovering finger and all? He can easily jam the same finger and reaggrivate the injury. I don't like this one bit.

I know players have a life outside of football but why can't he play checkers, bingo, or something.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ethiostar;1506921 said:
TO is playing bball? with his recovering finger and all? He can easily jam the same finger and reaggrivate the injury. I don't like this one bit.

I know players have a life outside of football but why can't he play checkers, bingo, or something.

Evidently the hand is doing fine or he would not be playing basketball or catching passes in the last mini-camp. I'm glad he is with his teammates during the off-season.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1506922 said:
Evidently the hand is doing fine or he would not be playing basketball or catching passes in the last mini-camp. I'm glad he is with his teammates during the off-season.

i know his hand is doing fine NOW, i'm just worried about him reaggrivating it. And i'm glad he is spending time with his teammates and bonding. You know what activity is great for creating a team atmospher and bonding opportunities? BINGO, I've heard relationships created because of it last until death!:laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ethiostar;1506938 said:
i know his hand is doing fine NOW, i'm just worried about him reaggrivating it. And i'm glad he is spending time with his teammates and bonding. You know what activity is great for creating a team atmospher and bonding opportunities? BINGO, I've heard relationships created because of it last until death!:laugh2:

As I said I don't think he would be out there if the hand was causing him problems. As for re-aggravating it sure that could happen but these guys are not made of glass and I think being physically active is a good thing for him and being involved with teammates makes it even better.

QT

Reaction score
Actually don't know how well the hand is healing. I heard TO missed several layups. :) Maybe he is just bad at basketball. That would be somewhat surprising since he has a basketball court in one of his houses and hangs out with the NBA players.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QuanTran;1507045 said:
Actually don't know how well the hand is healing. I heard TO missed several layups. :) Maybe he is just bad at basketball. That would be somewhat surprising since he has a basketball court in one of his houses and hangs out with the NBA players.
I saw him briefly when he was trying out for the CBA and he's really not that good. Athletic enough, but I'm not surprised he was busting layups. Just seemed like another football player with hoop dreams.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Is his layup percentage better or worse than his catching percentage? Or is it 50/50 all the way around?