Cowboy Road Tripping

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How far have you come from to see a live Cowboy game?

For example, I have driven 12 times from Albuquerque, NM. to see The Cowboys play in Texas Stadium. Back and forth 14 hours each way. Check in to a sleazy motel for the night, wake up knowing you are going to see where this team was born.

Then after a Sunday game is over, we could not even buy some beer at a little 7-11 type store! I've never been to the new Stadium and wouldn't go if they gave me a free ticket.

How about you other Cowboy fans? I know the local fans know, but TX is big place, how far did you have to drive?

Just how much money did you spend. I could not imagine someone from NY or VA (etc), somewhere would not come to see a game today.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
I drove like 30 minutes to see a game at TX Stadium. It was when Bledsoe was benched on MNF and Romo came in and a star was born. I got free tickets, so never paid for them. Only beer money spent. And yes I’m married to one of those hot TX gals! Lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I drove like 30 minutes to see a game at TX Stadium. It was when Bledsoe was benched on MNF and Romo came in and a star was born. I got free tickets, so never paid for them. Only beer money spent. And yes I’m married to one of those hot TX gals! Lol
Lucky you...that was some good times for us. Loved Texas Stadium.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
From ct to Arlington to see a home game, from ct to buffalo, been to dc, Baltimore, New York….the car ride to buffalo is my longest personal travel to see them- 7 hour drive.

Buffalo game was the Romo 5 turnover win MNF game

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The majority of times never missed a game that they played in the Tri-State area.
Flew out to Wembley Stadium, London (2014) to watch them vs the Jags who were also staying at the Wembley Hilton (As they were the home team) which was the same Hotel I had booked.
Elevator rides were an experience, to say the least....LOL
Met Romo, and Dez, at certain events before the game.

Football players are pretty much young mostly innocent souls when you get the opportunity to interact with them.
I spent, don't wanna say, but I spent.
No regrets!
Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I like Cowboys road games because one, our stadium is hideous and two, Jerry gets enough of my money.

I have been to that stadium four times now, as well as The Star, and I'm over it.

Road games, I have seen them play the Ravens, Chiefs, Giants, 49ers, Chargers (twice), Cardinals (several times), and the Rams (twice).

Will probably see them at 49ers again this year with a planned trip to Las Vegas in 2025.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not driving that far but COOG took his first flight to Dallas Love Field in 2019, I hate flying!!! I'm from Harrisburg, Pa just like Micah, I flew out of Baltimore to get to the cowboys games.

I plan to go to a different location every year, the Arlington area doesn't excite me anymore!!

Big_D

Reaction score
I’m from New Jersey.. I’ve been to Texas Stadium twice and also traveled to a few away games.

Giants every year
Philly
Washington
Buffalo
New Orleans
Baltimore
Tennessee
And San Diego

I drove to all except Texas, SD and NO.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live 11 miles from where Texas Stadium was. And a little over 6 miles from Jerry World.

However when I was living in South Florida. Drove to See them in Tampa, about 3 1/2 hours.

Also in 1992 drove to Atlanta. But that was on our way to Ohio to visit Family. My wife’s brothers lived near Marietta. We stopped for the night which is about half way to where we were going.
so we went to see the Cowboys game when they won and clinched the NFCE on 1992. So I guess that doesn’t count as driving specifically for a game.

Also drove to Miami to see them when I lived in Florida, but that was about a litlle, over an hour.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Been to 3 games at Tx Stadium. 1 training camp in San Antonio and 1 in Oxnard. All coming from DC.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How far have you come from to see a live Cowboy game?

For example, I have driven 12 times from Albuquerque, NM. to see The Cowboys play in Texas Stadium. Back and forth 14 hours each way. Check in to a sleazy motel for the night, wake up knowing you are going to see where this team was born.

Then after a Sunday game is over, we could not even buy some beer at a little 7-11 type store! I've never been to the new Stadium and wouldn't go if they gave me a free ticket.

How about you other Cowboy fans? I know the local fans know, but TX is big place, how far did you have to drive?

Just how much money did you spend. I could not imagine someone from NY or VA (etc), somewhere would not come to see a game today.
Is this @Coogiguy03 ?