Cowboy Road Tripping

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is Harrisburg the entertainment mecca of the united states?
No but if you like to run or get involved in crime you can come visit, I'm from Harrisburg don't live there anymore moved a few miles away!

You can always visit Hershey, it's about 20 minutes from Harrisburg!!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This last season I flew from Boise to Nashville to watch them play Tennessee on TNF. That was a good time. That would be my longest Cowboys travel distance.

coult44

Reaction score
How far have you come from to see a live Cowboy game?

For example, I have driven 12 times from Albuquerque, NM. to see The Cowboys play in Texas Stadium. Back and forth 14 hours each way. Check in to a sleazy motel for the night, wake up knowing you are going to see where this team was born.

Then after a Sunday game is over, we could not even buy some beer at a little 7-11 type store! I've never been to the new Stadium and wouldn't go if they gave me a free ticket.

How about you other Cowboy fans? I know the local fans know, but TX is big place, how far did you have to drive?

Just how much money did you spend. I could not imagine someone from NY or VA (etc), somewhere would not come to see a game today.
Seattle, Miami, New Orleans, Boston, Cleveland, Atlanta, LA, SF, Oak,

Sjoseph316

Reaction score
Eastern Ohio here, my son and I make a trip to Dallas every year to catch a game and we have so much fun. The people are amazing, the food incredible and the kindness and hospitality of everyone we meet is second to none. We live in a great location in Ohio that is short road trip distance to several NFL stadiums and we have gone to them all to see the Cowboys play over the years.
Pittsburgh is 45 minutes
Cleveland is 2 hours
Cincinnati is 4 hours
Indianapolis is 4 hours
Detroit is 4 hours
Buffalo is 4 hours 15 minutes
Washington is 4.5 hours
Baltimore is 4.5 hours
Philly is 5 hours 15 minutes
Metlife Stadium is about 6 hours as is Tennessee

Personally I’m disgusted with the NFL and the Cowboys for many reasons and I give them the least amount of $$ possible, but at the same time my son is 12, loves football and the Cowboys so I try and give him great football experiences just like my Dad gave me. I do still enjoy meeting new people and hanging out so it all works out great.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Flew from northern Wisconsin to see Cowboys home games 7 times over the years. Every time was excellent and had a blast. Last season was the hardest for multiple reasons for this old fan though. A real kick in the guts. Just finally now getting back into digging into the draft and free agency options.

Sandyf

Reaction score
I have lived in San Marcos, Texas and Temple,Texas and Midland, Texas and San Diego, California. I have been to games to watch the Cowboys in the Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T Stadium.

Been to over 60 games. Have been to games in San Diego, San Francisco, Lisa Angeles, Kansas City. Phoenix, St. Louis, Houston, New Orleans, Boston, Cincinnati and Minneapolis. I seen them play the Rams as 1st Lis Angeles Rams then St. Louis Rams the again as Los Angeles Rams also Cardinals in St. Louis and Phoenix.

Longest trip was when deployed to Far East, flew from Japan to Dallas for a game on leave.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm in deep South Texas, so it's either a 9 hour drive or a 2 hour total flight time to DFW to see the Dallas Cowboys. Furthest I traveled to see the Cowboys was back in August of 1994. Flew from Harlingen, Texas down to Mexico City to see the Dallas Cowboys play the Houston Oilers at what was labeled the American Bowl at Azteca Stadium in front of an NFL league record crowd of 112k+ people in attendance. Too bad the Oilers won: 6 - 0, but it was a preseason game.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve been to probably a dozen Cowboys games over the years. Never had to travel more than an hour since I’ve lived in the DFW area all but 3 years of my life.

Been lucky enough (and old enough) to have seen games in all three Cowboys stadiums in their history. In 1964, when I was six years old, my dad took me to my first Cowboys game at the Cotton Bowl. An experience I will never forget. They played the Browns that day (when the Browns were really good) and I got to see the great Jim Brown play.

Over the years I’ve seen several more, mostly in Texas Stadium which was my favorite stadium. I’ve been to only 1 Cowboys game at AT&T, although I’ve seen several college and HS games there.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 1964, when I was six years old, my dad took me to my first Cowboys game at the Cotton Bowl. An experience I will never forget. They played the Browns that day (when the Browns were really good) and I got to see the great Jim Brown play.
:bow: