Twitter: Cowboy Tweets 1/8

Nirvana

Reaction score

Will Rico Gathers be available to compete for a role on this team moving forward? Also, do you think that Dak and he can be a viable duo with Jason Witten's career winding down?

Bryan: It will be an interesting offseason for Gathers. I wish he would have been able to practice all season, but that just wasn’t possible with his health. I think we have to be careful putting him in the mix as that heir apparent to Witten. There are several tight ends in this upcoming draft that they will likely consider, along with Blake Jarwin.

David: I honestly don’t know what to expect from Rico this year. He’ll undoubtedly be in the mix – but 2017 was such a setback to his development, given that he hasn’t practiced since August. He’s an intriguing talent, but I doubt he’d stop the Cowboys from drafting a new tight end. And honestly, I’m not sure the Cowboys will truly find Witten’s successor until he retires.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
for anyone who is interested I heard Mike Fisher say he believes the texans are going to hire Brian Gaine as the General Manager. He is friends with O'Brien and O'brien has a big say in who is the GM.

Brian Gaine was hired by Bill Parcells in 2005 to replace Bryan Broaddus after Parcells fired him.

So if you are keeping score at home. That means that Parcells staff in Dallas.

6 future head coaches
2 future General Managers.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
for anyone who is interested I heard Mike Fisher say he believes the texans are going to hire Brian Gaine as the General Manager. He is friends with O'Brien and O'brien has a big say in who is the GM.

Brian Gaine was hired by Bill Parcells in 2005 to replace Bryan Broaddus after Parcells fired him.

So if you are keeping score at home. That means that Parcells staff in Dallas.

6 future head coaches
2 future General Managers.
excellent note.
BP didn't win much here but he darn sure brought front office/coaching talent into the building.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
excellent note.
BP didn't win much here but he darn sure brought front office/coaching talent into the building.

Turned a dumpster fire run by a clown show into a solid professional football organization - temporarily. If Parcells and/or some of the staff he brought in stayed around longer, we definitely have at least a few deep playoff runs.