Twitter: Cowboy Tweets 1/8

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's reasonable to think the Falcons beat the Eagles but it's not going to be easy. That's still a nasty defense and the Falcons are not the same team out in the elements.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
It's reasonable to think the Falcons beat the Eagles but it's not going to be easy. That's still a nasty defense and the Falcons are not the same team out in the elements.

I see it the same way. Not only are the Falcons not the same team as last year but, further, they're not the same team outdoors. I still think Atlanta wins, but I don't think it'll be a cake walk.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The best thing he did was to get rid of Larry Lacewell.
100%.
Lacewell was far too trusted and no one checked him on anything.
He was an old school guy with lotsa skins but also created the infamous draft back ups and special teamers plan that led to 5-11 x3.

When people ask why I have draft pick infatuation it is living through that crap.
Draft picks are how you not suck.
You may not win a bunch of Super Bowls but if you stay drafting lots of properly scouted guys you will not ever be terrible and give yourself a shot every year to be good.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
if jerry jones would of stayed out of the way he would of done lots better here
Jerry wasn't in the way then.
He gave BP personnel control.
The issue for BP was we didn't have a QB.
He finally identified and promoted Tony Romo but was fried and retired.

BP would have done very well here had we had a good player personnel org in place before he got here.
But it takes time to build up a moribund franchise and you need someone willing to play the long game.
BP rather shot himself in the foot with some of his QB moves.