COWBOY ZONE MOCK DRAFT—Washington is on the clock April 9, 4pm

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jenky;3340383 said:
Trade down and take Trent Williams.
Come on guys, I like the trade down option, but we need to know with what team or we can't adjust the draft.

DFWJC

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3340403 said:
If they are smart, they will trade down to 9 and pick up picks. They can get the OL player they need, even if they trade down.
I'm going to take that as the trade down to #9 Buffalo option. Hopefully some of the other that suggested a trade but no specifics will chhos ethat one too so we make this interesting. So far it's either a trade or Okung....both great choices.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3340405 said:
You are never going to guess where I'm going to go with this.

Trade the pick to the Cowboys for the 27th pick, Cory Procter, and a new non-offensive mascot. The Washington Sissies. I guess that's still offensive to sissies but who cares, they're sissies, what are they gonna do about it?

Cowboys take Eric Berry, dang it! Somebody better start listening to me.

Wait a minute. Rival teams don't make major trades with each other? Seems right.

Commanders take Russell Okung to protect their latest savior, Donovan McNabb.
At least you're creative.

It's actually pretty close between Okung and trading down. Becasue it's late and there's not a ton of activity, I'll probably not shut this one down until tomorrow AM, sometime before noon.

StarHead69

Reaction score
If they trade down, I propose to #6/Seattle. The Seahawks make sure the Chiefs don't nab Okung who they feel is worth the 3rd or 4th rounder it takes to move up and get him.

I don't know who else would be thinking about it unless someone wants to grab Claussen here.

Jenky

Reaction score
DFWJC;3340753 said:
Come on guys, I like the trade down option, but we need to know with what team or we can't adjust the draft.

I don't know how to answer this. I don't think they'll draft Trent Williams at #4, but they may trade with Seattle and take him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jenky;3340779 said:
I don't know how to answer this. I don't think they'll draft Trent Williams at #4, but they may trade with Seattle and take him.
That works. You can just suggest a trade down to #9 Seattle....the Trent Williams part is secondary if you don't think they take him at 4. I'm not trying to talk you into a trade though. I just wanted those who predcit a trade to be more specific. Otherwise later in the draft we won't know what pick goes where. Thanks

Okung still has a massive lead right now w/ 16 picks....the traders have about 7, only some were specific. Trent Williams has a vote too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Okay. Pick 4 is now closed.

With the 4th pick inthe 2010 NFL Draft,

the Washington Commanders select....

Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Next up....the Kansas City Chiefs
I'll put them on the clock in a few minutes. Also, feel free to email me suggestions for possible picks for teams down the line some...as we get further down, things will get less obvious..