CowboyJoe's 1st mock draft due to compensation picks My Trade Mock Draft

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
1st cowboys go out and sign derrick johnson for backup linebacker, to back up sean lee, (hitchins will probably be gone), 2nd cowboys put a 1st round tender on David Irving, (dont get me wrong, I want the boys to keep Irving, might be a monster in the making, he is just 24) but trade david irving to colts (our ex linebacker coach wants him, so we get colts 2nd rounder 36th and 4th rounder 100th), then we get a call from buffalo because new england calls us to trade up, for a QB, so we trade with buffalo and get their 96th, 3rd rounder, while swapping picks. With our 50th pick we trade with Kansas City, get their 3rd rounder 78th and 182nd 6th rounder. This draft is loaded with the 106 juniors coming out, so we make trades to get us what we need, like the 49ers did in 83. We also sign a good OG, like one from bears that is 31 but still good, or OL from Patriots, so were not reaching for need. Finally, reason why I took 3 OT's in this draft, we need a good young swing tackle, and were bound to at least draft one of these OT's I picked in my mock draft. Finally, Cowboys wake up to and go get Blount running back whom has been in 2 super bowls, this team needs a player that was on a super bowl that won, to show Cowboys what it takes to get to super bowl and win.

1st 21st pick we take Will Hernandez OG
2nd 36th Trade for David Irving from colts we take Leighton Vander Esch OLB Boise State 6-3 245
Leighton Vander Esch* OLB Boise State
2nd 54th Trade with Kansas City Tim Settle DE 6-3 335
3rd 75th Trade with Buffalo Harrison Phillips DT Stanford 6-3 305
3rd 78th Trade with Kansas City
Kyzir White SS West Virginia 6' 2" 220
3rd 81st Cowboys own pick

Jaylen Samuels FB North Carolina State 5' 11" 230
4th 100th pick, trade with Colts
D.J. Chark WR LSU 6' 2" 200
4th, our own 116th pick
Jamarco Jones OT Ohio State 6' 5" 310
4th our 1st compensation pick 137th

Timon Parris OT Stony Brook 6' 5" 315
5th 171st pick, compensation pick
Brett Toth OT Army 6' 6" 305
173rd compensation pick 5th round
Jordan Akins* TE Central Florida 6' 3" 265
6th 182nd trade with Kansas City
Cedrick Wilson WR Boise State 6' 2" 190
6th 193rd compensation pick
Nathan Shepherd DT Fort Hays State
https://scout.com/nfl/denver-broncos...Bowl-114164448
6th 208th compensation pick
Nathan Yiadom 6-1 187 CB Boston College
7th 208th pick
Andrew Vollert TE Weber State 6' 4" 245

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st cowboys go out and sign derrick johnson for backup linebacker, to back up sean lee, (hitchins will probably be gone)
Love your stuff brother but I don't see the Cowboys signing Johnson and don't think Hitch is "probably" gone. Guess we'll see.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thanks buddy, i hope boys keep hitchins and dont let david irving get away but i think they might from what ive heard, think about this:
they have 19 million now, in cap savings, they have to sign dlaw to about 17 million, maybe cap hit 15, with incentives, then they have to sign zach martin our all pro OG, thats another 12 million

so their going to have to restructure alot of contracts,
tyron smith, jason witten, sean lee, tyrone crawford, dez, our center, thats about 20 to 22 million, where are they going to have money for free agents and still keep hitchins, whom will demand about 8 million, and if they tender irving a 1st round tender thats another 4 to 5 millon, where is the money coming from? but after this year were out of tony romo's contract of 9 million this year,

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why on earth would we sign a starting G and draft a G on the first?

cnuball21

Reaction score
If they want a starter, they are going to have to pay for one. We won't do that.

Sure, but they can pay for an average one. Coop was fine last year, played like an average NFL G, so pay him like 1. Being surrounded by 3 studs and an up and comer in Collins still makes our line the best part of our team.

Then you go draft a dude in the mid rounds to mold to replace Coop in a year or 2.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love your stuff brother but I don't see the Cowboys signing Johnson and don't think Hitch is "probably" gone. Guess we'll see.
If they re-sign Hitchens that means they are committing to him as starter. He won't sign to be a backup and the team won't spend that type of money for a backup.

Do you think the Cowboys will admit conceed that Jaylon is not the projected starter.

Moving one of them to SLB wouldn't change anything because the SLB only plays about 15% of the snaps.

Sydla

Reaction score
Through a swing tackle in there early

Early? How early? 2nd round early?

That's a waste of resources. Because you'd be using a premium pick on a guy you plan, if everything goes right, never sees the field for you.

The smart move is bring in a vet OT and then draft one later in the draft as a development guy.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

That's a waste of resources. Because you'd be using a premium pick on a guy you plan, if everything goes right, never sees the field for you.

The smart move is bring in a vet OT and then draft one later in the draft as a development guy.
I think there could be some candiates in the 4th. However it is a weak OT class so those 4th round guys could wind up second round guys

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I wouldnt mind paying good money for a swing OT in FA honestly. If we have quality play at LT and Elliott, we are in the picture. Don't know how high up we would be, but we would be in the race.

Id seriously sign Nate Solder on a short term deal fo 7 to 8 per if he would take that for 1 or 2 years to be that guy. Sounds crazy, but thats good peice of mind

waving monkey

Reaction score
In the first 3 rounds I want a take your pick of
oline
D1
LB
WR

[1] I like Hernandez,Payne,Evans
[2] Wynn,D.J.Moore,Tim Settle
[3] Alex Cappa,Josey Jewel, Derrick Nnadi

Sydla

Reaction score
Hernandez at 19 would be dumb. It's a total waste of a first round pick.

marius

Reaction score
Drafting an OG in the first isnt helping Tyrons back.

If Tyron plays 16 games, our OL is dominant with Cooper at LG

bingo, the problems its not to find or select a guard, the problem its the Tyrons back, the cowboys need to hire the best LT they can in free agency, without costing them too expensive, to do a rotation with Tyron.