CowboyJoe's 6th Mock Draft, (one more to go)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
O k in this mock draft, all of the top OTs, OG, Dez Bryant and Odrick are gone before we draft, but by the Grace of God we strike it rich in a trade down. Cleveland and Buffalo along with Tampa Bay view for the services of Tim Tebow. Getting the best deal in the trade, we trade with Buffalo for their 2nd, 4th and 7th rounder, plus their 1st rounder in 2011.

Working the trade wires we also trade Marion Barber for a 4th and a 6th to the Dolphins.

Still not being out done by Phily with their mass picks, we trade Crayton for a 3rd and 7th rounder.

This gives us a 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 6th, 6th, 7th and 7th. Along with the # 1 pick in 2011.

With our first selection in the 2nd round we take Valdimir Ducasse.
Option if he is gone Jared Veldheer OT.

With our second 2nd rounder we take Tony Gerhart.
Option if he is gone we trade down with Phily (yes we have made trades with Phily in the past) and take Dexter McCluster in the 3rd round, in the trade we get a 5th and 7th for trade down.

This now leaves us with a 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th and 7th.
With the 2nd 3rd rounder we take Linvah Joseph.

With our 3rd third rounder we take Major Wright Safety.

With our 4th rounder we take Dorin Dickerson TE/WR/FB

With our own 4th rounder we take A kwasi Owusu Ausah CB

With our 5th rounder we take Jason Fox OT
We use one of our 7th rounders to move up and take Jason Fox.

With our 6th rounder we take John Conner FB

With our own 6th rounder we take Danny Batten OLB/DE

With our 7th rounder we take Larry Hart LB/DE

With our final 7th rounder we take Kelton Trindal 4.22 in 40, speedster

Yeah, i know most of you will say no way we make that many trades, so here is straight simple mock draft.

Trade down 1st round to 2nd.
2nd Nate Allen S

2nd Valdimir Ducasse

3rd Dorin Dickerson TE/WR/FB

4th J D Walton C

We trade either Barber or Crayton in here, get a 4th and a 7th, if its Crayton,, its a possible 3rd rounder
So, we will go with Barber for a 4th
4th. Clifton Geathers
Option Linvah Joseph

5th in trade down Jason Fox

6th OLB/DE Larry Hart

7th James Starks RB big bruiser 6-2 217 4.48 speed converted QB

7th Kelton Tindal WR 4.22 in 40 with deep speed

7th Bryan McCann CB elite punt and kickoff returner

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Any mock with Jason Fox is a mock I like.

Love it, you should checkout ILB Donald Butler I think its a great chance we take him in the 3rd.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3341279 said:
Any mock with Jason Fox is a mock I like.

Love it, you should checkout ILB Donald Butler I think its a great chance we take him in the 3rd.

I like butler, but weve got to improve our scoring in the redzone by leaps and bounds, thats where dorin dickerson comes in, he scored 10 tds last year, and 7 of them were in the redzone.

He will be a mismatch for teams in the slot or out of the backfield or at TE.

Woods

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3341293 said:
I like butler, but weve got to improve our scoring in the redzone by leaps and bounds, thats where dorin dickerson comes in, he scored 10 tds last year, and 7 of them were in the redzone.

He will be a mismatch for teams in the slot or out of the backfield or at TE.

I like Dickerson as well. He could be a real match-up nightmare for opposing defenses.

Plus, he could play some FB, H-Back, slot, and WR. Hard to believe a guy that size so fast and with his skill set.

And I have to think he really could help us convert those yards into more TDs.

rkell87

Reaction score
i think you mean dex as a 2nd?

i dont like waiting till the third to address safety and ansah is no longer a 4th he has at least landed in the top of the third if not late 2nd

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
rkell87;3341383 said:
i think you mean dex as a 2nd?

i dont like waiting till the third to address safety and ansah is no longer a 4th he has at least landed in the top of the third if not late 2nd

Agreed. McCluster will not be there in the bottom of the third. He may be a tad bit of a reach at 59 though.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Buffalo ain't trading their 2010 2nd, 4th, and 7th plus 2011 1st to move up to draft Tebow when most likely he could still be there at their original 2010 2nd spot.

Also, no one will trade a 3rd and 7th for Crayton.

And no one will trade a 4th and 6th for Barber.

Also, you have the Cowboys drafting 10 players in 2010. No way 10 rookies make the team.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
ninja;3341472 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Buffalo ain't trading their 2010 2nd, 4th, and 7th plus 2011 1st to move up to draft Tebow when most likely he could still be there at their original 2010 2nd spot.

Also, you have the Cowboys drafting 10 players in 2010. No way 10 rookies make the team.

3rd and 7 for Crayton could happen
4th and 6th for Barber would happen but I believe we would use him more to move up in the second round and get a 7th rounder.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ninja;3341472 said:

thats not what i heard, 2 teams want to draft him in the 1st round

and at least 6 teams like tebow

tebows stock is up

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ninja;3341472 said:

ive heard that we can get a 3rd or 4th for crayton, notice i did say possible 3rd or at least a 4th for crayton

crayton has more value now due to his returning punts for tds

barber ive been told will net a 4th rounder and a 7th

at first i think we would only draft 6 to 7 players, but you have to take notice with what jerry jones said, jerry said he sees 11 players making this team

now taking that into consideration, you have to count in at least 3 players from last year making the team, that were injured, brewster, brandon williams, and stephen hodge at least, so that puts us at 9 players,

then if you take into consideration we lost flozell and ken hamlin, that adds 2 players to that which makes what?

doesnt 9 plus 2 = 11 players?

then if you trade either barber or crayton or both of them, that adds 2 more players to that total, which makes 13

i only see us making or taking at least 8 to 10 players in this draft, with a few more undrafted making the team, and the 3 i mentioned brewster, brandon williams and stephen hodge

hodge is real iffy because his knee injury isnt coming around and he wont be able to be in the OTAs from what i hear

so again, i see us making some trades, and about 11 players making this team, with maybe 2 to 3 more after flozell and hamlin were released

if you go back and read one of the posts, from gary horton, some more changes are coming to the dallas cowboys team, with either trades or the draft

so you might want to rethink your thoughts

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3341521 said:
joe your thinking to much - j/k

i did post a simple version of a mock draft;
Trade down 1st round to 2nd.
2nd Nate Allen S

2nd Valdimir Ducasse

3rd Dorin Dickerson TE/WR/FB

4th J D Walton C

We trade either Barber or Crayton in here, get a 4th and a 7th, if its Crayton,, its a possible 3rd rounder
So, we will go with Barber for a 4th
4th. Clifton Geathers
Option Linvah Joseph

5th in trade down Jason Fox

6th OLB/DE Larry Hart

7th James Starks RB big bruiser 6-2 217 4.48 speed converted QB

7th Kelton Tindal WR 4.22 in 40 with deep speed

7th Bryan McCann CB elite punt and kickoff returner