CowboyJoes Mock Combine Draft

Gaede

Reaction score
I like it obviously, but I do think it's a little too unrealistic. All of the guys are big names--which never happens in a draft--and picked a round or two lower than where they'll likely end up going.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
TrueBeliever007;3295276 said:
ya probably a little mistake, one fear i have is Campbell he reminds me of Ryan Leaf, great ability and more upside than any of the other OT's, but is immature.
I would rather have Pouncey or Iupati or even trade down since i am not sure Nate Allen will last that long

to me pouncey isnt mean or tough enough,

campbell is about the same as iupati, if you looked at the senior bowl tape, iupati was grabbing and holding way too much;

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TrueBeliever007;3295276 said:
ya probably a little mistake, one fear i have is Campbell he reminds me of Ryan Leaf, great ability and more upside than any of the other OT's, but is immature.
I would rather have Pouncey or Iupati or even trade down since i am not sure Nate Allen will last that long

Concerning Campbell...I don't know if the phrase looks like Tarzan, plays like jane applies because I think Jane played more. His missing so many games worries me.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3295374 said:
Concerning Campbell...I don't know if the phrase looks like Tarzan, plays like jane applies because I think Jane played more. His missing so many games worries me.

i do agree with that theory, kinda scares me to, but im drafting him on potential, and i think the other top ots and ogs like iupati will be gone.

and getting drafted so low in the first round might motivate him too

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd take that draft, but it seems a little unrealistic.
I'm a little bit wary of Campbell, but at pick 31 it seems ok.
It's a nice blend of players.
Lot's of fun dreaming anyway.

arglebargle

Reaction score
The War Room analysis of Dickerson seems a bit out of date. 'without the speed for WR'.

This would be a pretty good draft...but I think it is unrealistic as well. Trades happen, but predicting them is more of a crapshoot than trying to mock the draft. My bet would still be on more player for player trades this year. Especially given the uncertainty of next year's season.

I think Jerry's 'continuity' stance will lead him to keep things that 'ain't broke'. So a lot of the back ups are out imo, if they haven't performed well. I expect to see a lot Cowboys picks of linemen in this draft.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So when Campbell horribly underachieves relative to his ability like he has his whole life, we can blame Wade for it, right?

Probably going to the movies like in Buffalo. :mad:

Seriously... Avoid the workout warriors who can't play. Especially in the first round.

And I don't think anyone wants Barber. Everyone can see what we can see, that he's a try-hard guy who is quickly wearing out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3295567 said:
So when Campbell horribly underachieves relative to his ability like he has his whole life, we can blame Wade for it, right?

Probably going to the movies like in Buffalo. :mad:

Seriously... Avoid the workout warriors who can't play. Especially in the first round.

And I don't think anyone wants Barber. Everyone can see what we can see, that he's a try-hard guy who is quickly wearing out.
This is one reason why there will be a strong debate if his name comes up. The Jones/Wade staff combo has hit on all of their 1st round picks so far...when JJ didn't trade them away. Higher risk guys (even if they do have high reward potential) seem to be the type they would go for later in the draft. That #1 pick needs to be a starter fairly soon.

2007--Spencer
2008--Jenkins and Felix
2009--traded...but I bet they would have taken Alex Mack, Percy Harvin, or Michael Oher....which makes me sick that they could have have had one of those guys.

lkelly

Reaction score
So Thomas Jones, Tomlinson, Chester Taylor, Brian Westbrook, Ladell Betts, Willie Parker, Larry Johnson, and a whole host of other warm bodies are going to be available as free agents at an equal or lower price than what Barber is scheduled to make and a team is going to give up a 4th and a 6th for him?

That's not a seller's market.