CowboyJoe's Next to Last Mock 2011 (using SDogo's Super Spreadsheet & Info)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
M'Kevon;3920223 said:
With the exception of Watt, there's not a single starter among this bunch.

Not one.

Name a 2nd - 7th round pick that in your opinion can become an immediate starter on this team.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3920003 said:
Cowboys try to trade up to get Patrick Peterson, but price to high and Peterson goes at least 5th player overall. So, getting calls in from reports from our great zoners Hos and SDogo and a few others, Cowboys trade down to 11th pick with Texans, get a 4th and 6th rounder to boot. Note, I used some of Hos's info and a few other's inside info to compile this mock draft.

Cowboys get another call from the Rams, Dolphins or Patriots trade down as far as the 17th pick, get a 2nd rounder and 7th.

# 1 Pick 14th to 17th Cowboys take DE J J Watt

# 2 Pick in trade down Take QB Andy Dalton

Cowboys trade their own 2nd rounder down to the 50th pick, get a 3rd and 7th,
# 2 Cowboys take Kendrick Ellis NT

# 3 Pick Cowboys take Will Rackley OT/OG

# 3 Pick Cowboys take Mason Foster LB

# 4 Cowboys take Kristofer O'Dowd C

# 4 Cowboys take Julius Thomas TE or Charles Clay RB/FB

# 5 Cowboys take Cecil Shorts WR/KR

# 6 Cowboys take Stefan Ridley RB/HB

# 6 Cowboys take DeMarcus Van Dyke

# 7 Stefan Skelton TE

# 7 Nick Bellore ILB

# 7 Korey Lindsey CB

# 7 Zane Parr DE

wow...that's a whole lot of nothing, dude...I'm guessing at least 4 of those draft picks don't even make the squad.

If we stay right where we are, we'll get players who are better than the first two on the board.

Except for CB, which is a dire need, I expect to see OL and DL early and often.

burmafrd

Reaction score
SDogo;3920252 said:
Name a 2nd - 7th round pick that in your opinion can become an immediate starter on this team.

I think several guards we could get in the second could beat out Davis. Probably a tackle or two that could beat out Colombo. Moore could certainly beat out Ball.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
burmafrd;3920596 said:
I think several guards we could get in the second could beat out Davis. Probably a tackle or two that could beat out Colombo. Moore could certainly beat out Ball.

Well your getting to my point. He picked Ellis who would get significant playing time and Rackley who would challenge for the OG spot but he's taking hell for only landing 3 starters in the first 3 rounds?

I dont know how many rookies some people expect to start.

Bizwah

Reaction score
SDogo;3920603 said:
Well your getting to my point. He picked Ellis who would get significant playing time and Rackley who would challenge for the OG spot but he's taking hell for only landing 3 starters in the first 3 rounds?

I dont know how many rookies some people expect to start.

There are so many people that don't understand the draft at all.

They think if a player doesn't start immediately, then the player was a bust.

Folks don't understand player development anymore.

I blame microwaves......

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
SDogo;3920252 said:

Look at the first 4 picks in your own mock draft.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Bizwah;3920617 said:
There are so many people that don't understand the draft at all.

They think if a player doesn't start immediately, then the player was a bust.

Folks don't understand player development anymore.

I blame microwaves......

No, my problem with the draft is that is replaces quality with quantity, and the quantity isn't that good. I reminds me of the "special teams" draft of 2009.

I would point out that for the last five drafts, with a handful of exceptions, all
Dallas got were player development candidates, and most did not develop.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
I like that mock, nice job. I think I would rather take the best OT available in the first round though unless we sign a couple FA's and one would start immediately. :starspin

I would love to have Dalton, he is a TCU Horned Frog, my favorite college team but we have other needs in my opinion but if it plays out that way, I would be pleased with it.

ghst187

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3920129 said:
i would gather has something to do with this;
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...van-dyke?source=rss_teams_Philadelphia_Eagles

One of the biggest doubts about Van Dyke is his size. At 6'1" and 176 pounds, no one is worried about his height. Instead, his skinny frame is a big concern. He clearly has the speed to run with receivers down the field, but he doesn't have the bulk to step up and take on larger running backs around the league. Also, when backs have a blocker out in front of them, he has trouble shedding blocks and gets overpowered quite easily."

people were saying the same thing about Desean Jackson.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ghst187;3920759 said:
people were saying the same thing about Desean Jackson.

yeah and what made it real interesting is where sdogo who had discussions with Hos, said cowboys were really interested in van dyke and may take him way before he is suppose to go in the draft :starspin

ghst187

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3920003 said:
Cowboys try to trade up to get Patrick Peterson, but price to high and Peterson goes at least 5th player overall. So, getting calls in from reports from our great zoners Hos and SDogo and a few others, Cowboys trade down to 11th pick with Texans, get a 4th and 6th rounder to boot. Note, I used some of Hos's info and a few other's inside info to compile this mock draft.

Cowboys get another call from the Rams, Dolphins or Patriots trade down as far as the 17th pick, get a 2nd rounder and 7th.

# 1 Pick 14th to 17th Cowboys take DE J J Watt

# 2 Pick in trade down Take QB Andy Dalton

Cowboys trade their own 2nd rounder down to the 50th pick, get a 3rd and 7th,
# 2 Cowboys take Kendrick Ellis NT

[/B]

That might be the worst top 3 picks I've ever seen. Watt and Dalton are good players but I don't see them being useful picks for us or quality value where we are selecting. Kenrick Ellis's tape looks JV'ish to be honest. Now that I've seen more of him, I don't think I'd touch him until UDFA. He looks fat and slow against lower level talent.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like the draft but I am getting very concern that Rackley might not be there when we pick in the 3rd. He might go late 2nd or even early 3rd. I here a lot of teams are high on him. Pats might take him with second 2nd rd pick.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
M'Kevon;3920645 said:
Look at the first 4 picks in your own mock draft.

Since you apparently think there are 4 starters in SDogo's first 4 picks there must be at least two in CowboyJoe's since they both have Ellis.

As far as day one starters, you are right, maybe only Watt is. But I don't think you can compare the mock to the 2009 draft. Watt, Ellis, and Rackley are all likely to start within their first two years in the league. Dalton is a starting candidate down the road and the pick is based upon a lot of info that indicates Dallas, and Specifically Garrett, loves him.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
ghst187;3920766 said:
That might be the worst top 3 picks I've ever seen. Watt and Dalton are good players but I don't see them being useful picks for us or quality value where we are selecting. Kenrick Ellis's tape looks JV'ish to be honest. Now that I've seen more of him, I don't think I'd touch him until UDFA. He looks fat and slow against lower level talent.

I think the mock in your sig is much worse.

2011 Mock

1) Trade down, CB Brandon Harris - trade down to take this dude way before anyone has him going?
2) RT Carimi - Almost no chance of being there at 40
3a) G/C John Moffitt - Against going quite a bit earlier than projected
3b) FS Duenta Williams - maybe at this spot but still think it's high
4a) WR/KR Randall Cobb - Really?
4b) NT Jerrell Powe
5) LB Kelvin Sheppherd - Almost no chance he will be there in the 5th
6) RB John Clay Looks like he is running in clay

Seriously, with that mock you shouldn't be criticizing others.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I do not want to trade out of a spot where we can get a starter this year.
Espically on the O line.

Maybe drop a few slots but we need 2 starters out of this draft for this year.