Cowboys 2013 Draft Targets: Oregon State WR Markus Wheaton

RS12

Reaction score
Our panel slots Wheaton between the 44th and 87th slots, which places him in the mid-second to the mid-third rounds. Indeed, this seems to correlate to what I've seen among all scouting types. Because of his speed and big-play ability, I'll slot Wheaton in round two on my 2013 "little board," but will hope he lasts until the third (pick 80, to be precise)

As I noted in my summary of Terrance Williams, the Cowboys appear to be looking for a receiver capable of testing defenses vertically. Of the guys fitting this profile who they invited to the Ranch, Wheaton is my favorite, as he combines scary speed with good route running and receiver savvy. The dilemma I'm facing is: do I want to spend a second rounder on him? While I think he's certainly worth one, the Cowboys have so many needs, many of which seem to be more dire than wideout, that I'm hoping one of these speed merchants can stick around until the third round, where they can pick him up after fortifying both lines.

Plus, he's an "RKG." Wheaton's teammates voted him team captain.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013...-draft-targets-oregon-state-wr-markus-wheaton

DFWJC

Reaction score
I like this player, but it would have to be the 3rd round or preferably later given Dallas' needs.
I guess it'll vome down to their board.
But this guy would fit well. I think value-wise, Wheaton in the 3rd is a better fit than Austin in the 1st.