Cowboys 3rd ranked passing attack -VS- Seahawks 32nd ranked pass defense

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I would to, but it still seems at least early this coaching staff still has a Zeke hangover. Until they figure out that Zeke needs to play 2nd fiddle this offense wont reach its full potential. They have to get teams sooo scared by the pass that it opens things up for Zeke. Not the other way around.
You seem to be confused.

3rd in passing attempts.

11th in rushing attempts.

Oh and by the way.

20th in passing TD's.

20th in 3rd D/%

pansophy

Reaction score
FB-IMG-1600800469073.jpg

Will The Cowboys Exploit The League-Worst Seattle Pass Defense This Sunday?

Seattle's defense has been getting shredded through the air to start the 2020 NFL season. The Seahawks are dead last in passing yards allowed per game thus far (415.5 passing yards per game / 831 total passing yards in 2 games), and are allowing 8.64 yards per attempt through the air.

The Cowboys offense has been lighting it up when forced to pass. The Cowboys are 3rd best (716 yards) in total passing yards so far after the first two weeks. That's a whopping average of 358 passing yards per game and a respectable 8.1 yards per attempt.

On the contrary, after the first 2 games of the season...

The Cowboys have the 11th best rushing attack in the league so far, having rushed for 261 yards and a very respectable 130.5 yards/game.

The Seahawks boast the 2nd best rushing defense, so far, holding their first two opponents to a total of 139 rushing yards total. That's an average of 69.5 rushing yards per game.

With the Cowboys Oline still not fully healthy while being forced to play a pair of inexperienced Olinemen at both Tackle positions, should the Cowboys rely more on Dak and their receiving weapons in the passing attack to exploit Seattle's porous pass coverage defense, or should the Cowboys try to be more balanced and try to force more of a rushing game against the 2nd best run stopping defense the Seahawks currently have?

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/rushing/2020/reg/all
Seattle has been playing with a big lead for a lot of that 120 minutes, so teams are passing more and running less. It may not mean as much as it looks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
they have Russ Wilson and Pete Carrol. That evens out everything and gives them a big edge. We will need to play near perfectly to have a ghost of a chance of winning this week. As good as Dak was last Sunday, he may need to be better this week.

aikemirv

Reaction score
By the way…………..No one is scared of Zeke. Teams love it when the Cowboys inch their way down the field with Zeke. Its not like he is going to break one or he can score from anywhere on the field. The best way to slow down this offense is to pound Zeke.
Just another one to prove you wrong!

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/play-action-offense-2018

Dallas ranked 5th in % gain from playaction in 2018.

But you go ahead and stick to your "run does not effect the passing game mantra"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just take a look at 1:22 and see how foolish you are!

You mean where Dak runs it in? LOL

I thought you were going to show me some 40 yard that I might have missed.

Defenses bite on play fakes all the time with backs.

That underlines my point. You know that Dak ran in 3 of them last game? Two were QB sneaks. Why you ask? Because Dak is better than Zeke at it. Sadly.

But Maybe we found what Zeke does best...………...a decoy!!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
You mean where Dak runs it in? LOL

I thought you were going to show me some 40 yard that I might have missed.

Defenses bite on play fakes all the time with backs.

That underlines my point. You know that Dak ran in 3 of them last game? Two were QB sneaks. Why you ask? Because Dak is better than Zeke at it. Sadly.

But Maybe we found what Zeke does best...………...a decoy!!!
Actually it is because our Oline sucks at it but they can handle the sneaks - they don't have to maintain a block. But you keep it up. Sneaks are always higher percentage plays anyway - you would know that if you knew anything!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Actually it is because our Oline sucks at it but they can handle the sneaks - they don't have to maintain a block. But you keep it up. Sneaks are always higher percentage plays anyway - you would know that if you knew anything!

Oline does suck. I just think that everyone knows that they only have to worry about Zeke between the tackles. Doesn't get outside well. So its predictable.

But the oline thing is weak because the Cowboys were doing the same thing with Dak last year on short yardage. Zeke kept getting stuffed.

Isnt the great Zeke supposed to be some smash mouth tough guy? Im just not seeing this #1 back thing. Not seeing it at all.

Give me both Kamara and Jacobs from last night.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Anyone care to tell me what our defense is ranked? Cause I’m pretty sure Russell is the #1 QB right now. Right along with Kyler, Lamar, and Mahomes, 2 of which we play later on this year.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Seattle has been playing with a big lead for a lot of that 120 minutes, so teams are passing more and running less. It may not mean as much as it looks.

No they haven't. The ATL game was 14-12 at half and the Pats game was never more than one score apart for more than a couple of minutes. Still it's clear that neither the Falcons nor the Pats are any juggernaut on the ground. The Falcons are counting on the ghost of Todd Gurley and Cam is going to lead the Pats in rushing. Zekes poses a completely different level of threat on the ground than anything they've seen. But with as bad as their secondary has played, it would not bother me to see us start the game slingin it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I want to see 3 wr on field at all times and Dak in a hurry up offense where he is calling the plays at the line, if they weak in the box options, if they leave 1 on 1 on the outside throw it. Now of course not every play but several times a drive we should force the defense to get up to the line and man us up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone care to tell me what our defense is ranked? Cause I’m pretty sure Russell is the #1 QB right now. Right along with Kyler, Lamar, and Mahomes, 2 of which we play later on this year.
Actually, Aaron Rodgers is ranked as the #1 QB in the NFL so far (based on QBR ratings), while Russell is at #2. Dak is at #10.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/seasontype/2

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
It won't matter. Your about to get mediocre Dak again. He is a yoyo player. Up one week, down th next. EZ win for the Seahawks.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cool...Zeke will be the first RB to go over 100 on those seahags. Just need Dak to manage the game and distribute the ball to his playmakers.

SEA loss there nickelback, so I look for #88 to go off.