Cowboys 3rd Round Picks since 2010

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In the interest of promoting discussion on how we have been drafting in the early portions of the draft.

2010- None

2011- Demarco Murray

2012- Tyrone Crawford

2013 - Terrence Williams
JJ Wilcox

2014- None

2015- Chaz Green

2016- Maliek Collins

2017- Jourdan Lewis

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The past 2 years have been better with Lewis and Collins. Had Lewis not had the court issues he wouldn't have been there where we picked him.

Green should have been cut. Williams is on his way out soon and Crawford isn't worth what we pay him.

I'm encouraged though from the past 2 drafts though so hopefully that trend continues

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The past 2 years have been better with Lewis and Collins. Had Lewis not had the court issues he wouldn't have been there where we picked him.

Green should have been cut. Williams is on his way out soon and Crawford isn't worth what we pay him.

I'm encouraged though from the past 2 drafts though so hopefully that trend continues
We would be in much better shape if we got more bang for our buck in 2013. The depth of that class was supposed to be strong

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Can't judge either Collins or Lewis yet.
Collins. I good year . 1 average one. Coaching to blame for it though.
Lewis has shown flashes...

cowboyec

Reaction score
3 interior players on the list.
maybe DT or this is where we get our Swing Tackle.

Aven8

Reaction score
We've done very well in the 3rd. Yes, even Twill has contributed.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think it's something like 40% of Day 2 picks become starters. And it looks like we've had 6 of our 7 3rd rounders turn into starters, so that's well above average.

Not all of them are good starters, but Murray was OPOY and a healthy Crawford is much better than he's given credit for.

rkell87

Reaction score
We would be in much better shape if we got more bang for our buck in 2013. The depth of that class was supposed to be strong
Our first three rounds could have been Fredrick, Bell, and Mathieu if we really knew what we were doing or it could have been Fredrick, Kelce, keenan Allen if we had graded TE and WR correctly.

slick325

Reaction score
Starters with the exception of '10, '14 and Chaz Green (who has started some games).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the interest of promoting discussion on how we have been drafting in the early portions of the draft.

2010- None

2011- Demarco Murray

2012- Tyrone Crawford

2013 - Terrence Williams
JJ Wilcox

2014- None

2015- Chaz Green

2016- Maliek Collins

2017- Jourdan Lewis

There are a lot of total starts from that list.

rkell87

Reaction score
20/20 hindsight.
Sure it is but most of us hated the Escobar pick, as a general rule I hate any TE selected before the 3rd round with the exception of gronkowski, who was selected in the third but should have gone long before that. I was calling for mathieu at any pick just like I was for jourdan Lewis last year. Saying hindsight is 20/20 is trying to undercut my point of correct evaluations, plenty of us had 20/20 foresight but the organization we support didn't and they get paid for this so here's some 20/20 hindsight for you; from 2013-2015 we **** the bed in the third round and most of us called it at the time.

cnuball21

Reaction score
3rd round is a great round to get a WR or DB IMO this year.