Twitter: Cowboys 4th in scoring drive % in 2019

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is complaining about the offense. We definitely improved at the skill positions by adding Lamb. A legitimate concern is how we’ll do if the OL struggled without Frederick and Collins. Collins might take half a season to get in shape and Frederick retired. That’s not even mentioning Smith’s health concerns. Other than that, the offense is loaded.

Carson

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is complaining about the offense. We definitely improved at the skill positions by adding Lamb. A legitimate concern is how we’ll do if the OL struggled without Frederick and Collins. Collins might take half a season to get in shape and Frederick retired. That’s not even mentioning Smith’s health concerns. Other than that, the offense is loaded.

That’s my concern. Will the OL be consistent? Williams tends to be bullied by bull rushers we obviously must help protect the RT for three weeks.

I would do a lot of shotgun and quick passes. I remember back in the day we couldn’t hit Eli because he’d pass the ball in .3 seconds lol

ItzKelz

Reaction score
i have a bad feeling we are going to see the same problems as we saw last year. the defense is not going to be that good. the secondary scares me the most. also the defensive tackle position is a big question mark with an uproven hill and a rookie in gallimore are going have to step up this year. i just wonder how long poe will last this year.
I honestly think we will be fine based on the things that I have heard about the defense. But just got to see it come to fruition on the field.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
So the other team had 31 points in the fourth and Cowboys ended up with 24 points. You see were Im going with this?

Did you read the post? I never said the defense wasn't an issue. But to imply that after averaging over 30 points a game in the first 3 games, its okay to score 10 points over the next 6 quarters and chalk it up to bad defense, you're just being blind.

Last year every facet of our team was weak, bad, or inconsistent. 2019 was a TEAM failure. And every facet of the team needs to improve this year if we want a Superbowl.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you read the post? I never said the defense wasn't an issue. But to imply that after averaging over 30 points a game in the first 3 games, its okay to score 10 points over the next 6 quarters and chalk it up to bad defense, you're just being blind.

Last year every facet of our team was weak, bad, or inconsistent. 2019 was a TEAM failure. And every facet of the team needs to improve this year if we want a Superbowl.

There ya go. /thread

Big D

Reaction score
offense and defense had a hand in losing games but the biggest problem was special teams. maher lost three games by himself. a good kicker would have won those games. also constantly starting deep inside of the twenty on alot of drives cost games in the first half in most games was a main reason why the team struggled to score and have to play from behind in the second half. then letting the other teams great field position at important times of games.
I believe JG contributed by icing him as well. last years failures were more about coaching than anything IMO. The slow starts on offense, the inability to adjust on defense, and the complete disregard for special teams is why Jerry had no choice but to fire his guy.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
offense and defense had a hand in losing games but the biggest problem was special teams. maher lost three games by himself. a good kicker would have won those games. also constantly starting deep inside of the twenty on alot of drives cost games in the first half in most games was a main reason why the team struggled to score and have to play from behind in the second half. then letting the other teams great field position at important times of games.

With even an average special teams the Cowboys are probably 12-4.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The offense is full of first round picks and counts for well over half the cap. They need to carry the team. Last year they did not. They need to be better.