Cowboys 5-0 When Def Gets a Turnover

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Going into Philly we are 5-0 When the defense gets a turnover, and they've scored in 4/5 of those games.

We are 0-2 when the defense doesn't get a turnover.

Just like last year when it required 4 turnovers for us to have a chance to beat Philly, we are going to have to get the offense some extra chances to score. Will Hurts give us a bunch of turnovers like Minshew did? He's been a bit turnover prone so far this year so we'll see, but I'll like our chances a lot better if the defense can get him to cough it up a few times.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As good as this offense has been the last two games, we are still leaving a lot of plays/points on the field. Where's Gallup, why can't we get Cooks going, we are still waiting for Pollard's breakout game, and the running game is average ( that's putting it mildly).

Jipper

Reaction score
As good as this offense has been the last two games, we are still leaving a lot of plays/points on the field. Where's Gallup, why can't we get Cooks going, we are still waiting for Pollard's breakout game, and the running game is average ( that's putting it mildly).
I hate to say it but they need to bench Gallup...

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Going into Philly we are 5-0 When the defense gets a turnover, and they've scored in 4/5 of those games.

Just like last year when it required 4 turnovers for us to have a chance to beat Philly, we are going to have to get the offense some extra chances to score. Will Hurts give us a bunch of turnovers like Minshew did? He's been a bit turnover prone so far this year so we'll see, but I'll like our chances a lot better if the defense can get him to cough it up a few times.
I don’t think your stats are accurate. They lost in 2020 at @Philly when they had two picks on Wentz.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202011010phi.htm

Creeper

Reaction score
It is so obvious tat the Cowboys defense is all about pressuring the QB and getting turovers. The defense helps the offense in this way. But if they do not get an early lead they seem to struggle. The Eagles are notorious for scoring on their first drive. Dallas cannot get down if they do. This is when the offense needs to show up and get it right back.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I believe the win against the Chargers was our only win this season where we didn’t have a defensive or special teams score.

Gambit

Reaction score
Yeah they’re lessening his reps snd he had sadly one of his better games not doing much so yeah they need to keep limiting him. I really feel Tolbert is just waiting to unleash and when he does he won’t look back.
Tolbert also allows us to use more pre snap motion, I look for him to continue to get more reps

The Natural

Reaction score
Beyond a turnover, i’ll go as far as to say we need a signature Micah Parsons performance to win this game. The Eagles have pretty much held him in check.

Last edited:

pansophy

Reaction score

Yep, it's turnovers or bust. We aren't great at stopping teams that take care of the ball.