Cowboys 5-0 When Def Gets a Turnover

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Going into Philly we are 5-0 When the defense gets a turnover, and they've scored in 4/5 of those games.

We are 0-2 when the defense doesn't get a turnover.

Just like last year when it required 4 turnovers for us to have a chance to beat Philly, we are going to have to get the offense some extra chances to score. Will Hurts give us a bunch of turnovers like Minshew did? He's been a bit turnover prone so far this year so we'll see, but I'll like our chances a lot better if the defense can get him to cough it up a few times.
Defense , please take notes !

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Parsons has yet to show up in these type of games. We’ll see if he does on Sunday.
It will help quite a bit if the offense doesn't leave the defense out on the field the entire first half. The games where I've seen the defense struggle the most are the ones where the offense fails to move the ball.

Toro9

Reaction score
Yeah we need turnovers to go our way this game. Being in the negative or even zero will be a disadvantage. We're simply not as good as the Eagles so we need as many buffs as possible.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going into Philly we are 5-0 When the defense gets a turnover, and they've scored in 4/5 of those games.

We are 0-2 when the defense doesn't get a turnover.

Just like last year when it required 4 turnovers for us to have a chance to beat Philly, we are going to have to get the offense some extra chances to score. Will Hurts give us a bunch of turnovers like Minshew did? He's been a bit turnover prone so far this year so we'll see, but I'll like our chances a lot better if the defense can get him to cough it up a few times.
Defense needs to carry so if we get turnovers and great field positions or picks 6's jump out to an early lead well we win usually against teams that are under .500.
The question is can the defense do it all the way to the Superbowl?
NOPE.................

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re going to need some turnovers and we need to avoid committing them.

Jipper

Reaction score
They should bench the guy throwing him the ball
While I will not be defending Dak, I will say that position play by position play, he has played far better in the last 2 games at his respective position than gallop...didn't gallop only catch 4 or 5 of 13 targets one of the games?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While I will not be defending Dak, I will say that position play by position play, he has played far better in the last 2 games at his respective position than gallop...didn't gallop only catch 4 or 5 of 13 targets one of the games?
Gallup has been terrible, no question.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look, I'm of the mindset you dance with the one who brung ya. Dak is QB1 and has my full support. The FO didn't help him by failing to bring in more beef at the trade deadline. ANY failure this point forward falls on them, period.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will help quite a bit if the offense doesn't leave the defense out on the field the entire first half. The games where I've seen the defense struggle the most are the ones where the offense fails to move the ball.
Dallas dominated time of possession against Arizona (including the first half) and the defense let ARI drive at least 50 yards on each of their first four drives, so it's not like they were gassed.
Obviously, the SF game was a disaster all around. What other game are you thinking of where the defense struggled?

Jipper

Reaction score
This is silly. Gallup was pretty good last game. There's more to it than what you're apparently seeing.
And the game before that he was 4 of 13 or something ridiculous- clearly he is having a mental issue dealing with the after effects of the injury. He has been very inconsistent where others have not dropped as many balls

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dallas dominated time of possession against Arizona (including the first half) and the defense let ARI drive at least 50 yards on each of their first four drives, so it's not like they were gassed.
Obviously, the SF game was a disaster all around. What other game are you thinking of where the defense struggled?
Exactly, IF the defense shows up we have won..its pretty much that. No ONE but the kicker showed up to play in SF...

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
AZ was definitely an anomaly I will give you that. Defense got caught with their pants down and had no excuse for that performance. SF game was the big one this year I was thinking of.

Mark

Reaction score
Makes sense. These units feed off each other; a big play from the defense or special teams energizes everyone. As they say, "A rising tide lifts all boats."

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Beyond a turnover, i’ll go as far as to say we need a signature Micah Parsons performance to win this game. The Eagles have pretty much held him in check.
Parsons sack and fumble 1st play and we run it in for TD. Next series 3 and out and a punt return TD for Turpin.

Then a Bland interception returned to the 20 and then a 20 yard TD run by Pollard.

21-0 by the time Dak throws his first pass.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons sack and fumble 1st play and we run it in for TD. Next series 3 and out and a punt return TD for Turpin.

Then a Bland interception returned to the 20 and then a 20 yard TD run by Pollard.

21-0 by the time Dak throws his first pass.
I like the way you think. Let's go.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defense needs to stop the other team. The offense needs to put points on the board. It's that simple.