Cowboys 9th pick mock draft

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
With the 9th pick in the draft the Cowboys selects...

Quarterback out of Auburn Cam Newton

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'll give you an idea how much chance there is of this. About as much that someone can run a sub 4.0 second time in the 40.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile;3833768 said:
I'll give you an idea how much chance there is of this. About as much that someone can run a sub 4.0 second time in the 40.

Waiting for the Jim Carrey picture.

vaturkey

Reaction score
As my 2 year old niece says:

"I no like, I no like". That's usually with a load in her diaper, which is pretty much the same as bringing Cam here.:cool:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Serious Question to the OP: What makes you think they would do this? I have seen nor read anything coming out of Dallas that would even remotely indicate that a QB is in their radar and no QB coming out this year is considered a "sure thing", so give us some reasoning here.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3833854 said:
Serious Question to the OP: What makes you think they would do this? I have seen nor read anything coming out of Dallas that would even remotely indicate that a QB is in their radar and no QB coming out this year is considered a "sure thing", so give us some reasoning here.
Have you followed this guy before now? He is all about every big name out there and nothing else. Newton won the Heisman. I doubt he knows much beyond that for criteria.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
It might be a Cam, but not Newton. I'm just not sure if the 49ers will select him before we can get to him.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
This has as much chance of happening as getting rancid butter up a wildcat's *** with a hot poker. Cam's not coming to Dallas.:p:

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;3833766 said:
With the 9th pick in the draft the Cowboys selects...

Quarterback out of Auburn Cam Newton

Even Jerry's not that stupid.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I think this was done just to rile people up.. certainly no one could be this asinine to suggest we would seriously consider taking Newton.

DFWJC

Reaction score
:lmao2: You ARE funny!

:eek: Hold it....are you really serious?

:banghead: ...or REALLY clueless?

brickman

Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;3833964 said:
This has as much chance of happening as getting rancid butter up a wildcat's *** with a hot poker. Cam's not coming to Dallas.:p:

GOOD!!!!!!!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hostile;3833912 said:
Have you followed this guy before now? He is all about every big name out there and nothing else. Newton won the Heisman. I doubt he knows much beyond that for criteria.

Not really. I tell ya, since November I've been so busy with work/life that I just don't have the time to keep up with the Zoners. Just usually a quick stop in here and there. Hopefully it cools down by the end of the month.

fishspill

Reaction score
casmith07;3834028 said:
Cam Newton will be an Arizona Cardinal.

I think the chances of this increases if the labor deal drags out and causes free agency to be scrapped. I don't know the ins-and-outs but this is one possible outcome I've heard. Basically FA's would revert to their previous teams for the year and player trades couldn't be done. This could force (or strongly push) teams in front of us to go QB. If this is the case (anyone that knows better, feel free to correct and clarify) the best thing for the Cowboys might be to have the labor mess drag past the draft but before training camp. I'd love to see 2 or 3 teams go QB in front of us.

rash

Reaction score
What about Gabbert? aka the Next Cutler...

I thought teams rated him atop the qb rankings