Cowboys Activate Wide Receiver Before Practice On Thursday

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have activated rookie undrafted free agent wide receiver Dontario Drummond from the PUP list.
Drummond, who had a breakout season at Ole Miss in 2021, will now have a chance to impress the Cowboys' coaching staff in training camp.

Considering the team is a bit shorthanded at the wide receiver position, Drummond might be able to push for a roster spot if he plays well enough.

After posting 38 receptions, 605 receiving yards and seven touchdowns during the 2019 and 2020 seasons at Ole Miss, Drummond exploded for 76 catches, 1,028 yards and eight touchdowns in 2021.

Cowboys Activate Wide Receiver Before Practice On Thursday (msn.com)

cowboyec

Reaction score
good.
i liked him at ole miss.
he's gotta play catch-up tho.
pre season games are meaningful to guys like that.
hope he stands on it.

morasp

Reaction score
I actually thought he was one of our best UDFA signings.

Overview
Drummond's play speed can be inconsistent, so his timed speed could be an indicator of which direction his draft stock might head. He's a smooth athlete with the ability to run a more robust route tree with additional schooling but the hands and ball skills are a little disappointing and might not improve much. Drummond's run-after-catch talent is where he shines and where he brings instant value for a team. He has an intriguing ceiling but a lower floor as a Day 3 target.
Strengths
  • Thick, imposing frame from the slot.
  • Naturally athletic and smooth.
  • Hip sink and foot agility to improve as a route runner.
  • Good suddenness out of breaks underneath.
  • Some separation burst through the route stem.
  • Plays to his size and has strength to make contested catches.
  • Able to drop low and rescue the throw.
  • Bringing him down requires commitment.
  • Shifty enough to elude tackles and powerful enough to break them.
  • Possesses untapped potential.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dontario-drummond/32004452-5535-7804-69a2-6723d9ae5e80

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I would rather us not sign any wideouts and just see what the young guys can do. Not everyone is going to make the team, but we'll likely carry two WR on our practice squad.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have activated rookie undrafted free agent wide receiver Dontario Drummond from the PUP list.
Drummond, who had a breakout season at Ole Miss in 2021, will now have a chance to impress the Cowboys' coaching staff in training camp.

Considering the team is a bit shorthanded at the wide receiver position, Drummond might be able to push for a roster spot if he plays well enough.

After posting 38 receptions, 605 receiving yards and seven touchdowns during the 2019 and 2020 seasons at Ole Miss, Drummond exploded for 76 catches, 1,028 yards and eight touchdowns in 2021.

Cowboys Activate Wide Receiver Before Practice On Thursday (msn.com)
More bodies, more chances of finding a contributor.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Still pulling for Roberson and Fehoko to be our guys.

Roberson had a nice catch right after Fehoko had a TD on Diggs in practice.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’d be really happy if someone could just step up and be a possession receiver.. Someone who won’t drop the ball on third down. That would be enough for me from a rookie

jrumann59

Reaction score
I’d be really happy if someone could just step up and be a possession receiver.. Someone who won’t drop the ball on third down. That would be enough for me from a rookie
Rookie receivers especially those taken much later in the draft are a mixed bag. not saying its impossible one would be lights out but I expect a slow progression and really do not expect much until later part of the season when they have become fully adjusted to the game speed and defensive differences in the NFL. Every week you are going against players that were tops in college and there are hardly any weeks off.