CFZ Cowboys All-Time Won-Loss Records Against All NFL Teams

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Also interesting to note that the Cowboys are 2nd place regular season all time in winning percentage with 57.2% behind the Packers with 57.4%.

The Cowboys rode the #1 position for a few years after passing up the Chicago Bears, believe it or not. The Bears are now 4th place behind the Patriots who have obviously enjoyed a fast rise over the past 20 years. However, they were so terrible in the past that it took 19 consecutive winning seasons to reach 3rd place all time.

When the Cowboys lost to the Washington Whatevers on Thanksgiving day, 2020 and the Packers defeated the Bears the following Sunday, the Cowboys lost the lead.

Due to the fact that the Packers have played far more games than the Cowboys, each game in the future impacts the Cowboys percentage more than it does the Packers. When you are adding in additional wins and losses to a larger number, it makes less impact.

Anyway, the Cowboys are currently 4 games behind the Packers in NFL highest regular season winning percentage.

The history of NFL team's winning percentage is a direct reflection on the leagues attempt to even out talent with the draft and salary cap. In the 60's thee was a lot of separation in winning percentages among the teams, The difference between the team with the best record and worst record was about 30 percentage points. Now there is only 17 percentage points difference between first place Packers and last place Bucs with their 40.1% winning percentage.

Fifteen teams have an all time losing record including two from the NFC East, the Whatevers and the Eagles.

Tm Perc
Green Bay Packers 57.37%
Dallas Cowboys 57.17%
New England Patriots 56.28%
Chicago Bears 56.21%
Baltimore Ravens 56.01%
Miami Dolphins 55.28%
Minnesota Vikings 54.44%
San Francisco 49ers 54.21%
Kansas City Chiefs 54.11%
Pittsburgh Steelers 53.66%
Indianapolis Colts 53.03%
New York Giants 52.80%
Denver Broncos 52.72%
Las Vegas Raiders 52.35%
Seattle Seahawks 51.66%
Cleveland Browns 51.09%
Los Angeles Rams 50.81%
Los Angeles Chargers 49.89%
Washington Football Team 49.80%
Tennessee Titans 49.10%
Philadelphia Eagles 48.86%
Buffalo Bills 47.72%
Carolina Panthers 47.45%
New Orleans Saints 46.81%
Detroit Lions 45.09%
Cincinnati Bengals 44.83%
New York Jets 44.00%
Atlanta Falcons 43.77%
Houston Texans 43.30%
Arizona Cardinals 42.61%
Jacksonville Jaguars 41.57%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 40.19%
I appreciate you posting these all-time team win percentages. I don't think enough Cowboys fans understand where we sit in the annals of time.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I remember ol' Jerry requested the Ravens for the last game at Texas Stadium. That went as well as most of the other times Dallas has played them.

Glad I went to the next-to-last one, a win over the Giants.
That game was the most embarrassing display of football to close out Texas Stadium!!! I couldn't believe how awful our defense was against those long runs of Baltimore!! I was literally sick watching that!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on the all time numbers, our biggest rival should be Green Bay. They dealt us so much misery in the early days when the Cowboys first emerged as a contender in the mid-sixties. Those back to back conference championship game losses- 1966 at the Cotton Bowl and ‘67 in the Ice Bowl at Lambeau gave me my first sports cry. We’re 13-16 against them in the regular season and 4-4 in the playoffs.

We did have those dominant playoff wins against them in the mid-90s. But I want more! My dream playoff scenario remains- beating the Pack at Lambeau against Rodgers in the NFC championship. It would close a long standing wound.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Most of our younger fans have no idea how incredibly dominant the Cowboys were in the 1970s. They were 105-39 in the regular season that decade, when they played only 14 games until 1978 when it changed to 16. They also won 14 playoff games in the 70s. (Compared to 12 in the 90s)

The incredible popularity of the Cowboys started in the 70s.

sure we do, most who spend the time we spend in places like this know, we aren't he causal fanbase.

however,

it didn't hurt winning 3 Superbowl's in 4 years (more than first 30 years in the league in 5 short years :)) ) going to 4 straight NFCCGs to reintroduce Dallas Fans to what dynasty's are..the popularity went way up in the 90s with the internet and more media coverage then ever and advent of chat rooms and some forums. I mean the 1310 Tickets started around that team and they were heavy saturated in Dallas Cowboys talk.