Cowboys, Amari Cooper and the Browns

Irv88

Reaction score
TLDR: Amari Cooper and Zack Martin were my favorites players back in the their day together. To have two number one receivers now would be amazing. It is horrible that we traded cooper ….and for nothing. He is crushing with Cleveland. The browns look like the natural evolution of Dallas cowboys 90’s offense. We have the talent and time to right the ship and turn this around!

Well, I live in browns broadcast area now and wow, Kevin Stafanski is running the natural evolution of the Cowboys 90’s offense. Power running, elite wr catching the ball with a qb with elite arm strength and 2023 offensive concepts. He came from Zimmer and Norv and has that old school cowboys build and formula. They are my 1:00 game and the cowboys are my 4:00 game (no Sunday ticket).

Let’s compare to the teams.

Wr: Losing Amari Cooper is terrible. Our wrs would rival kupp and puka and Metcalf and Lockett. Would be a top receiver duo. Cooper is a 6-8 wr and lamb is a 2-3 wr. Easily challenge SF.

Qb: the browns have had four quarterbacks. Joe Flacco has an elite arm strength and accuracy. He had no training camp and do what he’s doing is impressive. He’s 38. The browns went out and got him. I like Dak, but when he faces a tough defense, he is too conservative in the second and third quarters typically. Still a really good player.

Oline: the Cowboys have Hall of Famer’s in Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, and potentially Tyler Smith. All are fantastic. The problem is everyone else. The Browns have three losses/injuries on the off line. Their group depth is better. They can protect Immobile Joe Flacco. Flacco gets a bad rap because they drafted Lamar Jackson, and then he went to the Jets where careers go to die. Our backup left tackle is terrifyingly bad. He could literally get someone really hurt. When Tyrone is out if the Cowboys would kick out Tyler Smith to the left tackle or use one of those tes to help the back up left tackle the cowboys would look a lot better. Not sure why they are so stubborn to move Tyler Smith to the left tackle. He’s been fantastic.

Te: Ferguson all the way!!! He’s and old school tough guy. The Cowboys win here. The Browns have Njoku, but he’s more of just a pass catcher. They get production from him. A finesse guy.

Rb: not even close here. Nick Chubb, and hunt are worlds above the soft off tackle running back in Pollard. Pollard has no hitting power. At the goal line, he got absolutely stoned. As an old-school Cowboys fan, I miss the days of Dorsett and Smith terrorizing the league.

Def: Dallas has a better pass defense, but Cleveland’s overall defense is better. They stoned the San Francisco 49ers. They were handling them fine and Trent Williams and Deebo went out that game, but the Browns were on their way to winning it either way. Dallas has a better pass defense, but the Browns can consistently handle the run. In all fairness, losing LVE, Hankins and diggs did not help our defense. Also the Browns defense makes solid adjustments throughout the game. The issue with Dan Quinn is he never makes adjustments and that Super Bowl loss to the patriots is his defining moment whether he wants it or not. As for comparing Garrett, Micah Parsons and Watt (I see a lot of afc north games at 1:00), watt always looks like the hero and has won three games single-handedly for the Steelers. Micah Parsons and Garrett will never do that because both the Cleveland and the Dallas Cowboys offenses are much better than the terrible Steelers off. Also because I see all three players all year long, it’s clearly evident that the NFL has told the refs that as long as you don’t horse collar these three players or elite defenders, they will never get a holding call called against them, because they want to protect the quarterbacks.

Coaching: the Cowboys don’t make adjustments and it hurts them every every loss. the Browns look like an evolution of the old-school 90s Cowboys. I trust their coaching. McCarthy and Quinn are sit pat in game and want their talent to bail them out. Quinn can built a defense, I just don’t like him in game.

Gm: as much as Jerry likes his guys and has a really good roster, the lack of not going out and getting players like Hunt or flacco and in trading away Amari Cooper really hurts his overall ranking. 3 steps forward, one step back. The Browns make moves to stay competitive and improve the roster year-round. Jerry sits on his hands too much. He used to go out and get Deion Sanders. Not any more.i assume that is his son as he plays with his real life fantasy football team unfortunately.

Wins: both teams have 10 wins and are wild card teams. The afc is wide open. The browns have a running game and defense. That helps you on the road. Dallas has struggled on the road with little run support and giving Dak less than 4 seconds for his presnap reads and lack of adjustments on the line. Hopefully, they clean that up. It’s fixable and we have the talent.

Happy Holidays!

Go cowboys!

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
TLDR: Amari Cooper and Zack Martin were my favorites players back in the their day together. To have two number one receivers now would be amazing. It is horrible that we traded cooper ….and for nothing. He is crushing with Cleveland. The browns look like the natural evolution of Dallas cowboys 90’s offense. We have the talent and time to right the ship and turn this around!

Well, I live in browns broadcast area now and wow, Kevin Stafanski is running the natural evolution of the Cowboys 90’s offense. Power running, elite wr catching the ball with a qb with elite arm strength and 2023 offensive concepts. He came from Zimmer and Norv and has that old school cowboys build and formula. They are my 1:00 game and the cowboys are my 4:00 game (no Sunday ticket).

Let’s compare to the teams.

Wr: Losing Amari Cooper is terrible. Our wrs would rival kupp and puka and Metcalf and Lockett. Would be a top receiver duo. Cooper is a 6-8 wr and lamb is a 2-3 wr. Easily challenge SF.

Qb: the browns have had four quarterbacks. Joe Flacco has an elite arm strength and accuracy. He had no training camp and do what he’s doing is impressive. He’s 38. The browns went out and got him. I like Dak, but when he faces a tough defense, he is too conservative in the second and third quarters typically. Still a really good player.

Oline: the Cowboys have Hall of Famer’s in Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, and potentially Tyler Smith. All are fantastic. The problem is everyone else. The Browns have three losses/injuries on the off line. Their group depth is better. They can protect Immobile Joe Flacco. Flacco gets a bad rap because they drafted Lamar Jackson, and then he went to the Jets where careers go to die. Our backup left tackle is terrifyingly bad. He could literally get someone really hurt. When Tyrone is out if the Cowboys would kick out Tyler Smith to the left tackle or use one of those tes to help the back up left tackle the cowboys would look a lot better. Not sure why they are so stubborn to move Tyler Smith to the left tackle. He’s been fantastic.

Te: Ferguson all the way!!! He’s and old school tough guy. The Cowboys win here. The Browns have Njoku, but he’s more of just a pass catcher. They get production from him. A finesse guy.

Rb: not even close here. Nick Chubb, and hunt are worlds above the soft off tackle running back in Pollard. Pollard has no hitting power. At the goal line, he got absolutely stoned. As an old-school Cowboys fan, I miss the days of Dorsett and Smith terrorizing the league.

Def: Dallas has a better pass defense, but Cleveland’s overall defense is better. They stoned the San Francisco 49ers. They were handling them fine and Trent Williams and Deebo went out that game, but the Browns were on their way to winning it either way. Dallas has a better pass defense, but the Browns can consistently handle the run. In all fairness, losing LVE, Hankins and diggs did not help our defense. Also the Browns defense makes solid adjustments throughout the game. The issue with Dan Quinn is he never makes adjustments and that Super Bowl loss to the patriots is his defining moment whether he wants it or not. As for comparing Garrett, Micah Parsons and Watt (I see a lot of afc north games at 1:00), watt always looks like the hero and has won three games single-handedly for the Steelers. Micah Parsons and Garrett will never do that because both the Cleveland and the Dallas Cowboys offenses are much better than the terrible Steelers off. Also because I see all three players all year long, it’s clearly evident that the NFL has told the refs that as long as you don’t horse collar these three players or elite defenders, they will never get a holding call called against them, because they want to protect the quarterbacks.

Coaching: the Cowboys don’t make adjustments and it hurts them every every loss. the Browns look like an evolution of the old-school 90s Cowboys. I trust their coaching. McCarthy and Quinn are sit pat in game and want their talent to bail them out. Quinn can built a defense, I just don’t like him in game.

Gm: as much as Jerry likes his guys and has a really good roster, the lack of not going out and getting players like Hunt or flacco and in trading away Amari Cooper really hurts his overall ranking. 3 steps forward, one step back. The Browns make moves to stay competitive and improve the roster year-round. Jerry sits on his hands too much. He used to go out and get Deion Sanders. Not any more.i assume that is his son as he plays with his real life fantasy football team unfortunately.

Wins: both teams have 10 wins and are wild card teams. The afc is wide open. The browns have a running game and defense. That helps you on the road. Dallas has struggled on the road with little run support and giving Dak less than 4 seconds for his presnap reads and lack of adjustments on the line. Hopefully, they clean that up. It’s fixable and we have the talent.

Happy Holidays!

Go cowboys!
The Cowboys can still win the division.

Maverick84

Reaction score
giphy.gif

75boyz

Reaction score
Coop showed up and showed off for sure.
The coach should get Coach of the Year.
What's he down to, his 4th QB who's started at this stage with Flacco?

Outstanding job by Stefanski.
In a division with the Ravens, Bengals(I know minus Burrow) and "usually" good Steelers.

jmo

Jayinem

Reaction score
So basically you are another one of those who started Cooper threads today (on his career day no less) that seem to have forgotten the reasons the Cowboys traded Cooper to Cleveland in the first place.
What are the reasons, good ones.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So basically you are another one of those who started Cooper threads today (on his career day no less) that seem to have forgotten the reasons the Cowboys traded Cooper to Cleveland in the first place.
Cuz we're dumb?

We spent more on Schulz and Gallup than Cooper's contract last year.
We're spending more on Cooks and Gallup than Cooper's contract this year.

Both years we would have been better keeping Cooper.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not going to get into that again. It's very well discussed in here at the time if you want to search for those threads.
Yes, and it was very well established in those discussions that there were zero good reasons to trade Cooper.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We spent more on Schulz and Gallup than Cooper's contract last year.
We're spending more on Cooks and Gallup than Cooper's contract this year.

Both years we would have been better keeping Cooper.
Trading Cooper was more than just his contract.

What the Cowboys could have paid Schultz or are paying Gallup has nothing to do with it.

Mark

Reaction score
With Amari on his fantasy team, my son was loving life yesterday.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
There’s only two ways it can go after you call your quarterback the black Kirk Cousins, and it’s really difficult to part with Kirk Cousins. So…

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
If they traded Gallup and kept coop.... wow.
I immediately said losing Coop as a huge blow, but it was a money thing. Coop IMO was worth every dime we paid even if he didn’t get much production because Lamb benefited.

Coops 265 yds yesterday is not surprising, he had some big games for the Cowboys.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coop was talked about like he was doggy doo when he was here. He has a career game on a day we lose and now he's the savior. I thought he disappeared on the road. Wasn't that the narrative? I felt we should've kept him or at least gotten more for him. We didn't. Time to move on. A large percentage of fans here did not appreciate Amari Cooper. Let's not be fake in hindsight.