Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
So CAP experts please tell us....

Does this put Dallas in CAP hell now? Asking for a friend..

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I am sure I am late and this has already been mentioned but here goes anyways:

New contract has a no-trade clause and a no-tag clause so if you are hoping for a sign and trade , your out of luck

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It's kinda sad that so many people are happy for a rich guy becoming more rich while basically destroying their favorite teams chances of truly competing in the playoffs.

Andy Dalton or a rookie weren't going to do that. Russell Wilson was never coming here. And if Dallas didn't give Dak his money another team would have.

This is the reality of the situation. Is Dak overpaid? Yes. And so is just about every other player in the NFL.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m thrilled, I’m glad it’s over. I know what he brings to the table. I feel bad for my cowboy family who are upset about this . I forget about Tony another things this is the new Cowboys the future is bright

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm only going by what he said.
He called anyone who thought Dak would sign for close to
$40 per year average was a fool. Of course, that was last fall, but still... lol
Yeah, but guaranteed money changes that AAV by the time it comes to the tail end.
Contracts are never as simple as raw numbers, especially when things can get changed year by year, but you go after him.
Have at it. Not my fight. I already spent more attention than I usually do, but this is entertaining.

Enjoy the excitement!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
John Clayton just said the first year base was 9 million, which will hit Dallas at 23 million for the salary cap for year one, that’s a whole lot better than 37 for the franchise tag
Good info. Thanks.