Cowboys And Steelers

REDD

Reaction score
men i watching the steelers games and am glad we got chris canty cause ben iz gettin his ball tip so so much

and i prey 2 god are cb bring they a game cause the wr are somthing
and i hope montre holland step up if he do
it all j-wiit,R-will,T-O, game

Anything on D-ware how he doin

RoadRunner

Reaction score
I'm thinking that if Dallas can run up 24 points it ought to be enough to beat Pittsburgh.

We should be able to match up well with them. Just stay away from Palamalu (spelling?) in the passing game, and our bend but don't break approach is perfect vs Pittsburgh as forcing them to settle for FGs is huge because that offense does not score a lot of points.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I think we can definitely pass on the Steelers...if the weather allows, of course.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
its gonna be another 13-10 typa score game. i hope we get all our field goals and maybe score a TD sumwhere.

WG5516

Reaction score
I'm going to be so pissed if the field is a complete mess. It's one thing to have weather affect the games, but I read somewhere that it's going to be 4 games played on the playing field before next Sunday. It doesn't make sense to have these multi-million dollar athletes running around on ****ing mud. Can an NFL team boycott a game because of field conditions? I remember the Ravens and some team called off a pre-season game because of the field.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WG5516;2453330 said:
I'm going to be so pissed if the field is a complete mess. It's one thing to have weather affect the games, but I read somewhere that it's going to be 4 games played on the playing field before next Sunday. It doesn't make sense to have these multi-million dollar athletes running around on ****ing mud. Can an NFL team boycott a game because of field conditions? I remember the Ravens and some team called off a pre-season game because of the field.
I'm not certain about the boycotting part, but everything else--> :hammer:

However, some will say that's just a grateful side effect of playing in an open air stadium in December.

juck

Reaction score
It has been and is going to rain or snow all week.I think the Stealers like that.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
DallasEast;2453336 said:
However, some will say that's just a grateful side effect of playing in an open air stadium in December.

I can surely appreciate a mud and guts game....a fly in the ointment of today's antiseptic NFL.

WG5516

Reaction score
juckie;2453337 said:
It has been and is going to rain or snow all week.I think the Stealers like that.

And that's fine, you can't control that, but what you can control is what the players are playing on. The sad thing is, Heinz Field is only like 5yrs Old. Why is the playing surface this trashy? And if they pull the stunt that they did before that Monday Night game against Miami where they re-sodded the field 24 hrs before the game, something needs to be done. That **** is not cool.

http://i61.***BLOCKED***/albums/h51/wg5516/15158586.jpg

juck

Reaction score
WG5516;2453366 said:
And that's fine, you can't control that, but what you can control is what the players are playing on. The sad thing is, Heinz Field is only like 5yrs Old. Why is the playing surface this trashy? And if they pull the stunt that they did before that Monday Night game against Miami where they re-sodded the field 24 hrs before the game, something needs to be done. That **** is not cool.

http://i61.***BLOCKED***/albums/h51/wg5516/15158586.jpg

They resodded it after the Pitt game is what i heard.They have a crappy field on purpose.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
juckie;2453337 said:
Why shouldn't the Steelers like that? Hosting an opponent, which may have a slight disadvantage because they aren't used to the various weather related conditions, is what modern professional football expects and needs. Makes one wonder why anyone ever thought of building practical, enclosed, professional sports stadiums, beginning with the AstroDome, nearly 40 years ago.

/sarcasm & rant off

WG5516

Reaction score
jackrussell;2453361 said:
I can surely appreciate a mud and guts game....a fly in the ointment of today's antiseptic NFL.

Sure it's cool to look at on tv, but when you're playing on it, it's a different story. This isn't 1970 anymore. Playing on a surface like that is unacceptable.

WG5516

Reaction score
DallasEast;2453378 said:
Why shouldn't the Steelers like that? Hosting an opponent, which may have a slight disadvantage because they aren't used to the various weather related conditions, is what modern professional football expects and needs. Makes one wonder why anyone ever thought of building practical, enclosed, professional sports stadiums, beginning with the AstroDome, nearly 40 years ago.

/sarcasm & rant off

That's BS because most of the Steelers players don't like playing on the surface when it's like that. They enjoy the natural field, but not when it's a marsh.

Kicker Jeff Reed said, “Putting new sod down and rainy weather like this, it's a not a good combination. But we found a way to win. That's what's most important."

"Those conditions that we were playing under, that was horrendous,” wide receiver Hines Ward said.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jackrussell;2453361 said:
I don't mind seeing football games governed by weather at the college level down. It's the professional level where I have a problem with the concept. The NFL is a collection of supposedly the best players in the sport. Rather than have games decided only by talent, coaching and execution at this level, games can rather be influenced by a gust of wind here, a muddy patch there, etc. It just boggles my mind, but that's also just my opinion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WG5516;2453390 said:
That's BS because most of the Steelers players don't like playing on the surface when it's like that. They enjoy the natural field, but not when it's a marsh.

Kicker Jeff Reed said, “Putting new sod down and rainy weather like this, it's a not a good combination. But we found a way to win. That's what's most important."

"Those conditions that we were playing under, that was horrendous,” wide receiver Hines Ward said.
Still, it's the surface which Pittsburgh must play on. As bad as any player may feel about that restriction, the Steelers will be more accustomed to playing on it since they are more aware of the field's failings. An opponent doesn't have that luxury.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
we need to blitz with our DBs from Ben's blindside at least a handful of times next week.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2453401 said:
we need to blitz with our DBs from Ben's blindside at least a handful of times next week.
you saw that sack on Ben from that corner blitz huh?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rampage;2453416 said:
you saw that sack on Ben from that corner blitz huh?

yes i did, it was disguised very well and worked to perfection.