Cowboys And Steelers

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
DallasEast;2453391 said:
I don't mind seeing football games governed by weather at the college level down. It's the professional level where I have a problem with the concept. The NFL is a collection of supposedly the best players in the sport. Rather than have games decided only by talent, coaching and execution at this level, games can rather be influenced by a gust of wind here, a muddy patch there, etc. It just boggles my mind, but that's also just my opinion.

Well if they're the best, they ought to be able to handle that gust of wind, that muddy patch.

Both teams are on the same field.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2453421 said:
yes i did, it was disguised very well and worked to perfection.
it all comes down to the field in my opinion. if our tightends and wideouts can run well we will win. if they can't it's gonna be a tough game.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
jackrussell;2453422 said:
Well if they're the best, they ought to be able to handle that gust of wind, that muddy patch.

or that one blade of grass that wasn't cut and tackled Julius.......:laugh2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jackrussell;2453422 said:

It depends. If you're the best placekicker in the league making a short field goal attempt, you could miss it because you misjudged it or you could miss it because a 25 mile per hour wind gust pushes the ball wide. In an indoor stadium there is only one cause for the miss in the exact same circumstance.

Same thing goes for a running back breaking in the open. Maybe he goes the distance because he has the speed to outrun everybody or he trips because he plants a foot in mud with one leg going in one direction, the other leg in the opposite direction and he ends up doing a split.

In my opinion, professional football games should not have to be decided because of conditions which can be controlled and have been controlled by some teams for over a quarter century.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I feel good about the chances of the Cowboys against them. Stop their running game and you've got an excellent shot to defeat the Steelers cause you can get major pressure, and sacks, on Ben.

jackrussell

Reaction score
DallasEast;2453458 said:
It depends. If you're the best placekicker in the league making a short field goal attempt, you could miss it because you misjudged it or you could miss it because a 25 mile per hour wind gust pushes the ball wide. In an indoor stadium there is only one cause for the miss in the exact same circumstance.

Same thing goes for a running back breaking in the open. Maybe he goes the distance because he has the speed to outrun everybody or he trips because he plants a foot in mud with one leg going in one direction, the other leg in the opposite direction and he ends up doing a split.

In my opinion, professional football games should not have to be decided because of conditions which can be controlled and have been controlled by some teams for over a quarter century.

Alright, so you don't like weather at a football game. I would then legislate the NFL to require perfect playing conditions for ALL teams, cap the stadiums, put the thermostat on oh, say, 70 degrees (don't want a player to get a chill). All flags must hang straight down to demonstrate no air movement.

C'mon, really. This is really spoken by a warm weather fan. Let's not forget the side of the field the Cowboys stand on during the game, while putting the visiting team in the full sun the majority of the game. Or that 3 foot crown that seemingly is only at Texas Stadium.

Your northern bias is understandable considering your paint chip history.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jackrussell;2453497 said:
Alright, so you don't like weather at a football game.
DallasEast;2453391 said:
I don't mind seeing football games governed by weather at the college level down. It's the professional level where I have a problem with the concept.
:)

While it's true that the weather doesn't get as snowy in these parts as in north, we have had our share of windy, extremely rainy and/or even icey games in late November into December. I don't complain about watching games or seeing players in those conditions because there is very little that college and or high school teams can do about building enclosed stadiums. The same cannot be said for NFL teams.
I would then legislate the NFL to require perfect playing conditions for ALL teams, cap the stadiums, put the thermostat on oh, say, 70 degrees (don't want a player to get a chill). All flags must hang straight down to demonstrate no air movement.
Why should the Falcons, Colts, Cardinals, Vikings, Saints, Texans, Rams and Lions have all the fun? :mad: ;)
C'mon, really. This is really spoken by a warm weather fan.
Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan and Missouri ain't down here in the land of Dixie, JR. ;)
Let's not forget the side of the field the Cowboys stand on during the game, while putting the visiting team in the full sun the majority of the game. Or that 3 foot crown that seemingly is only at Texas Stadium.
:laugh2: Well, I'll give you that, but only for another year. :)
Your northern bias is understandable considering your paint chip history.
mmm... paint chips gooooood...

jackrussell

Reaction score
DallasEast said:
Why should the Falcons, Colts, Cardinals, Vikings, Saints, Texans, Rams and Lions have all the fun?

So you contend the lions are having fun?

Don't bogart them chips, my friend.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
With the way were getting injuries, this field is bound to give us at least 4 more.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
They won't change the field until someone, one of their players, hurts themselves badly. If Ben goes out there and blows out his knee when his spikes get stuck in the field, by next year they'll have a new turf.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jackrussell;2453813 said:
So you contend the lions are having fun?

Don't bogart them chips, my friend.
"If that dome ever leaves Detriot and you don't feel bad for Lions fans, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life."

Okay, that was a weak Bogart. :eek::