News: Cowboys Appear to Be Moving on From Dez Bryant

pitt33

Reaction score
Wouldn't bother me one bit actually. He can be a huge distraction on the sideline and quite frankly I think the front office has had enough of his tantrums. He could even be considered a progress stopper at this junction of his career.

His best days were with Romo under center and lower leg injuries have robbed him of any explosiveness he once had.

Time to move on...

Aven8

Reaction score
JJT has a lot of inside info in that building. Looking more and more like he's gone. Would be nice to just get a 6th for him. I would still love to try and trade Beas to NE.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
they are prepping for life w/out Dez.....but it wont be this season.
I think they cut bait next yr.

Agreed. Next year the finances make more sense.

Thompson and Hurns are depth signings and slight upgrades— but they mainly give us flexibility in the draft and keep us from forcing a WR selection in the first two rounds.

Now we can let the draft come to us a but more easily.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agreed. Next year the finances make more sense.

Thompson and Hurns are depth signings and slight upgrades— but they mainly give us flexibility in the draft and keep us from forcing a WR selection in the first two rounds.

Now we can let the draft come to us a but more easily.
No, after June 1st the finances make a lot more sense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJT has a lot of inside info in that building. Looking more and more like he's gone. Would be nice to just get a 6th for him. I would still love to try and trade Beas to NE.

JJT makes up a lot of BS on info, or lack there of, inside his own head. Not calling him a S head...well, actually I am. :muttley:

BlindFaith

Reaction score
What I found interesting was that Dez skipped treatment. There were also reports of him being late to meetings.

That, and that we basically had the same offer on the table for Watkins. I figured we weren't that close. Sooo glad he didn't pick us. Hurns is a much better deal, IMO.

Clearly if they HAD signed Watkins, Dez would be gone. Question now is, do they see Hurns as being as good as Watkins, or close enough.

Getting Thompson gives us more speed than Sammy. Hurns a better route runner. Do the two together give them what they thought they could get from Watkins?

I think they do.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we will know more about the Cowboys future plans for Dez after the draft. Hurns threatens TW more than Dez. We still don't have a legit #1 WR, if not Dez.