Cowboys are 10.8M under 2017 cap right now, all in

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Having great QB depth is a very good thing and something I always campaigned for when wanting to take a QB in the draft. It's the most important position on the field. Why is it the only one where great depth is a bad thing?

Unfortunately this is a situation where "doing right by Romo" and operating as the GM of the Dallas Cowboys is in direct conflict with one another.

Keep Romo. Unless you're offered enough in a trade to change your plans. Whatever Jerry said to him he lied. Life sucks. We'll all light a candle for the multi millionaire's plight.

I've come around on this, perhaps. Cutting him post June-1 release, does free up some cash, but it wont help this year. Maybe do keep him for 1 year, though it could be a train wreck, distraction wise. Last year - non-issue. Next year, who knows.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd love to see a war daddy or two.... What do they look like?
12140672-large.jpg

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The thread title is still accurate after Free and all the signings including JCooper

DAL is right around 11m under the cap and most of the big FA signings are done

They should wait until May 12th before signing any more FAs that would mess up comp picks

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Life around here will be miserable if the Cowboys don't sign any more FA's for 2 months.
they can sign non-comp qualifying players like JCharles, APeterson and other guys that were cut or waived....... plus they can trade Romo and there is always the Draft in late April

plenty of chances to moan and groan