Cowboys are chopping the Cap but are we going to have as much talent?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree with many of the Cap saving moves but are we prepared these cost saving moves are to better benefit us moving forward than necessarily improving our roster this year.

Obviously the talent we had wasn’t enough for more success but by making these sound Cap moves aren’t we reducing our talent even more.

Hopefully these moves will benefit in years to come but not sure why we’d expect them to benefit us this year with less talent on the roster.

Big_D

Reaction score
You add talent and you develop it. Doesn’t mean the roster is the same or worse from last year when there are young guys here improving. The overpaid talent that was assembled here hasn’t won diddly squat!

conner01

Reaction score
We’ve lost one starter to free agency that didn’t play all year last year
And traded one starter
Lost one solid depth player
I think we should be able to survive

conner01

Reaction score
Some talk like we’re losing hall of famers!
We’ve lost one we wanted
One I’m sure we would have liked to have kept at the right price ( Wilson)
And in the end we could get a replacement as good or better for both

tm1119

Reaction score
You add talent and you develop it. Doesn’t mean the roster is the same or worse from last year when there are young guys here improving. The overpaid talent that was assembled here hasn’t won diddly squat!

Please show me a team that has won by strictly developing talent and not adding significant outside pieces.

Big_D

Reaction score
Please show me a team that has won by strictly developing talent and not adding significant outside pieces.

it’s day 2 of free agency? And they freed up space to make moves. It’s not just developing, but it’s also not overpaying! This is a team with cap issues, and they gotta get out from under that first.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Cooper
Collins
Willians
Gregory
Kearse
Neal
Vander Esche
Kazee
Anger
Zeurline

SO whats your point? Who on that list can't be replaced. I am Totally against losing Van Der Esch but if he can get a better deal I don't begrudge him. Hard Intercourse the fans He has to feed his kids.

Cooper 20 mil is too much to pay for 900 yards. Collins BYE! Gregory was and is a project and I wish him well. Everyone else on that list, kick rocks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It did run away with the division. And lost to the conference runner up. We’ll see if we have enough talent to repeat .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve lost one starter to free agency that didn’t play all year last year
And traded one starter
Lost one solid depth player
I think we should be able to survive
So far the starters we lost is Cooper, Williams and Gregory . And Wilson would have most likely been our 3rd receiver.

If you think that makes this 2022 roster more talented so be it. My argument is these Cap moves are more for the future moving forward , not shoring up this 2022 roster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Clearing cap space means clearing the team of talent. Talented players cost money. So far we’ve officially lost three key contributors on offense including 2 starters. Collins looks to be the fourth player gone on offense and another starter. Gregory looks to be gone on defense. We all knew going into last season that we better take advantage of the talent we have because it won’t be as good next season. Baring an outstanding draft along with at least a couple of solid free agent signings it looks to be a rough 2022 season for the Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it’s day 2 of free agency? And they freed up space to make moves. It’s not just developing, but it’s also not overpaying! This is a team with cap issues, and they gotta get out from under that first.
Yes , agreed. We shall see what we do with Cap space freed up.

But with that we must realize this 2022 roster isn’t likely to be as talented. We shall see what effects and impacts that has this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Clearing cap space means clearing the team of talent. Talented players cost money. So far we’ve officially lost three key contributors on offense including 2 starters. Collins looks to be the fourth player gone on offense and another starter. Gregory looks to be gone on defense. We all knew going into last season that we better take advantage of the talent we have because it won’t be as good next season. Baring an outstanding draft along with at least a couple of solid free agent signings it looks to be a rough 2022 season for the Cowboys.
Yes sir

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes , agreed. We shall see what we do with Cap space freed up.

But with that we must realize this 2022 roster isn’t likely to be as talented. We shall see what effects and impacts that has this year.

It’s a double edged sword. The talent they paid wasn’t enough to make up for the rest of the roster that they couldn’t fix because of it.