Cowboys are expecting to have LG Tyler Smith back for Thursday

Here we go!!!!!


If i recall Jones had major surgery in the offseason. Not back to full strengh. And he was a LT. Me thinks he will replace Steele by mid season. Unless they want to keep him at Swing T. That would mean Steele is holding down the RT. But Steel needs to play better.
 
ST coaches fault for having him out there and probably not a lot of practice at it yet.
Has nothing to do with him playing RT.
Block the guy right in front of you.

How difficult is it?

Anderson just walked past him.
 
Block the guy right in front of you.

How difficult is it?

Anderson just walked past him.
Teams overload one side and Nick Sorenson can't figure out how to get the guys to line up and block it. They flipped Steele over to the opposite side on the field goal blocking unit against the Texans and it still didn't matter. No matter who plays on the overloaded side someone gets through.

Terrible coaching. How Sorenson still has a job on this team escapes me.
 
:huh:

You must not realize how good Beebe has been playing.
You're right. I don't.

I did see Sheldon Rankins throw him to the ground with one arm though.

But seriously. I have been watching him every game and too many times when he is not involved in a a combo block or double team, he finishes the play in the Cowboys backfield. I am not saying he is terrible. But watch him when he is matched up one on one and he struggles at times. Perhaps I am being critical but if they want to run the football, the C has to win his battles.
 
You're right. I don't.

I did see Sheldon Rankins throw him to the ground with one arm though.

But seriously. I have been watching him every game and too many times when he is not involved in a a combo block or double team, he finishes the play in the Cowboys backfield. I am not saying he is terrible. But watch him when he is matched up one on one and he struggles at times. Perhaps I am being critical but if they want to run the football, the C has to win his battles.
He has graded 3rd worst, or 3rd best depending how you want to look at it.

Booker and Guyton have been the best.
 
I see many hammerin' on Jones. Cowboys have a pretty good track record of developing offensive linemen. Can we just give the guy a chance to be coached up????? I don't GAS about how many snaps or how many years in the league he has just give us time to put out mojo on the dude! Right now he is only a depth piece and Dallas is woefully short of OL depth. As a poster said above ... "who you gonna put in his place"? He is at least as good as Drew Shelton.
Lol
 
You're right. I don't.

I did see Sheldon Rankins throw him to the ground with one arm though.

But seriously. I have been watching him every game and too many times when he is not involved in a a combo block or double team, he finishes the play in the Cowboys backfield. I am not saying he is terrible. But watch him when he is matched up one on one and he struggles at times. Perhaps I am being critical but if they want to run the football, the C has to win his battles.
Through four games, PFF has him at a 69.0 overall grade, 6th among 32 qualified centers. His 73.4 run-blocking grade ranks 4th, while his 55.7 pass-blocking grade ranks 21st. He has allowed zero sacks, zero QB hits, and only four pressures, with no penalties.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/cooper-beebe/99434
 
Through four games, PFF has him at a 69.0 overall grade, 6th among 32 qualified centers. His 73.4 run-blocking grade ranks 4th, while his 55.7 pass-blocking grade ranks 21st. He has allowed zero sacks, zero QB hits, and only four pressures, with no penalties.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/cooper-beebe/99434
There must have been an adjustment, because PFF Is showing him as 10th among centers with a 66 grade.
 
Through four games, PFF has him at a 69.0 overall grade, 6th among 32 qualified centers. His 73.4 run-blocking grade ranks 4th, while his 55.7 pass-blocking grade ranks 21st. He has allowed zero sacks, zero QB hits, and only four pressures, with no penalties.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/cooper-beebe/99434
Once again the Super Eagle Eye of the fan base who think they are a better judge, they think they know who assignments they're supposed to be blocking and whatnot they seen him get worked over one time..

yeah I've seen Deon Sanders look like a high schooler against Michael Irvin a couple times he's gotten burned yes Deon Sanders i've seen some of the guys at the top of the game get beat,

I mean didn't BSF block Will Anderson one on one and did a good job that one play you shouldn't be getting blocked by a tight end when you make $57 million or however much he got per year in his new deal.

I'm just saying we could do this all day I remember that one time you catch a guy at the right time that Parsons did that was it to Lane Johnson or was it the San Francisco great right tackle... I can't remember his name but literally suflexed him like over his shoulder and threw a dude on the ground but he didn't do that all the time it's every now and again you're going to catch a guy and you're going to beat them they're NFL players on the other side crazy huh that those starters sometimes can beat you too..

I don't think Beebee is going to be the best center in the league but the reason we replaced him and replaced Connor Williams, Biadsz, and Mcgovern, is because we didn't want to pay them...

because they were solid players that they were not worth the new deals, and when you go look at what they did after they left the Cowboys were right, and they could do it again.

So when you factor in that he's on a rookie contract and he's playing pretty well he doesn't need to be a superstar in this league to do his job well then we're OK there what we need to do is figure out what's going on with the right tackle and the fact that Ferguson can't block Ferguson can't really catch there's some stuff going on over there that we should avert our eyes to..
 
I wouldn't count on seeing any more from B Jones than we already have until the last 4 or 5 games of the season. He needs time to put weight and muscle back on his frame. Plus he needs to work on his technique to get better than he was in Pitt.
 
Great news, get the rust off, hope he's in good enough shape to help with getting 33 going against TB.

Need that big run game going to keep the D "fresh".

Let's see how the 2 quarter of the season starts and pan out.

Little by little, ladies and gents...?
 
You're right. I don't.

I did see Sheldon Rankins throw him to the ground with one arm though.

But seriously. I have been watching him every game and too many times when he is not involved in a a combo block or double team, he finishes the play in the Cowboys backfield. I am not saying he is terrible. But watch him when he is matched up one on one and he struggles at times. Perhaps I am being critical but if they want to run the football, the C has to win his battles.
Bass & Steele have been the weak links on the OL. Beebe has come on this year.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,218
Messages
14,673,360
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top