Cowboys Are In Excellent Position...

Boysboy

Reaction score
41gy#;2311916 said:
After Dallas wins @ Arizona next week, they will be 5-1.

Where was Dallas after six games last year?

5-1

Things are setting up nicely, and today was a big win. The Commanders and Eagles have to go on the road to play the Bengals. They are winless, but will they lose all four games to the NFC East? I don't think so. They have a quarterback and weapons on the outside. Sooner or later, they will win some games.

They also have to play on the road @Baltimore. This team could easily be 4-0(a bad call late in today's game costed them). The Ravens, even with a rookie QB, are very good this year, albeit much improved with a much better HC(John Harbaugh).

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
41gy#;2311916 said:
Things are setting up nicely, and today was a big win. The Commanders and Eagles have to go on the road to play the Bengals. They are winless, but will they lose all four games to the NFC East? I don't think so. They have a quarterback and weapons on the outside. Sooner or later, they will win some games.

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire AFC North (Steelers, Bengals, Browns, and Ravens) get swept by the NFC East. So far AFC North is 0-4...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2311957 said:
I wouldn't be surprise if the entire AFC North (Steelers, Bengals, Browns, and Ravens) get swept by the NFC East. So far AFC North is 0-4...

The Ravens haven't played the NFCE yet, FWIW. Don't underestimate them, they're a very good football team, despite playing with a rookie QB(who's played well, BTW). They got some bad breaks against the Steelers last week, and a bad call costed them against the Titans today. They could very well be 4-0 instead.

I agree about the others-Pitt's OL is terrible...Big Ben is just getting clobbered every other play. The Browns, well...they're not the Browns for nothing.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I can be as negative as they come with this team (I'm passionate and want to see them do great, and it pains me when they don't).

But the positive side to all this remains this: We're 4-1 (Four and 1!!! Not bad), and three points away from being undefeated. Only a few teams can claim a better record.

And we're 4-1 without even having really played that good of football lately. Now, you could say that's dangerous and could backfire on us in the future, and it absolutely will if we don't get things turned upward a little. But you know we have the talent -- it's not like this is a smoke and mirrors 4-1 -- and I think you'll see things get smoothed out eventually.

Which leads me to my last point, which is one I've been screaming for weeks. We haven't peaked yet. That was a concern of so many of us last season. We simply peaked too soon. So far, that's not the case this year you wouldn't think, so maybe, just maybe, we'll start playing our best ball toward the end of the season for once.

links18

Reaction score
Its not that we are 4-1 that is the problem. Its that the Skins are also 4-1, beat us in our own house already, have no road division games remaining and their next 4 opponents are a combined 1-10. The Giants are a half game ahead of us and don't look like slackers either. Yeah, 4-1 at this point before the season probably looked good, but right now its only good enough for 3rd place in our own division.

bigE79

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2311616 said:
Same here.

Oh, and bbgun PMd me and said he's in, too.
You know im in...GO COWBOYS:toast2: :starspin

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2311575 said:
I actually think there are 3 or 4 of us.

Add me in, I 'm not going to be sorry for being 4-1. We have three winnable games coming up and can be 7-1 at the midpoint in the season. I'm a very happy fan this moring.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
links18;2312211 said:
Its not that we are 4-1 that is the problem. Its that the Skins are also 4-1, beat us in our own house already, have no road division games remaining and their next 4 opponents are a combined 1-10. The Giants are a half game ahead of us and don't look like slackers either. Yeah, 4-1 at this point before the season probably looked good, but right now its only good enough for 3rd place in our own division.

its third place but its cool, we play the skins again in a game that is going to be much larger than the game we already have played we get the giants twice and philly again, so third place is no big deal right now, we can still take the divsion.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I love that ratio 4-1, let me have 8-2, 12-3 and I'm a happy football junky.

Plus remember our only loss was by 2 pts. The Foreskins played their A game (their superbowl) vs. our C game. One or two different calls in that game (ex. - possible missed fieldgoal) and we're undefeated.

These close games make for great viewing but is much unneeded stress. Still a W is a W.

halcyon

Reaction score
I remember that the 90´s Cowboys teams were not all that flashy at the beggining of the season, yet, when it really counted, they turned it on with the running game.

I am beginning to feel the same about this team, and I certainly hope that they stick to the running attack, come december.

MTCowboys88

cowboys3128
Reaction score
StarMan;2311915 said:
I thought this was a nice win. No, it wasn't perfect, but we're not going to win every game 41-10 like some people on this board expect.

The Bengals are a team with their backs against the wall and that can be dangerous. They are not devoid of talent. Just ask the "mighty" Giants.

No doubt we have room for improvement. I just want to see this team playing it's best football come December.

Right on the money. No need for anyone to apologize for a 4-1 record. Style points don't count. I'll take winning ugly in October - just get better and improve so we're peaking at the end, which I think we will.

There's still alot of moving parts defensively - not only with new FA's (Jones and Thomas), but with guys filling in for injured players. Think a healthy Newman would have made a difference yesterday? I would bet that we would have had alot more pressure packages in the game plan if he were healthy.

We won yesterday by 9 points and didn't play well. The chicken littles are predicting doom and gloom. I just think they weren't emotionally amped up to play the Bengals. We woke up in the 4th quarter, threw 2 TD's, and got 2 sacks to close the game. Sleep walk to a double digit victory- there are worse things. Ask San Diego who got beat by Miami yesterday.

And before some of you say that they have to be emotionally amped for every game, I think with human nature that's almost impossible. This year, we've been up for the Browns,Eagles, and Packers. I think we ran into a hot Commanders team, got out of what we do best, and lost by 2.

I really believe we'll improve and get better as the year goes along. I think in the next few games, we'll start to gel on both sides of the ball. Every team has their ups and downs during the season, and if this is our down period, we're still putting up more W's than L's. You know you have a good team when you can survive the valleys of the season and still win.

Bottom line is, I'll take every victory whether it's by 1 or 40 and not look back.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6TerenceNewman;2311561 said:
For all the Willie-Whiners out there, just know one thing, the Cowboys are in excellent positon sitting at 4-1 with the Skins, who beat the Eagles today and is one game behind the Giants.

That is more than what the Eagles can say who are 2-3 and have now lost twice in the division and one in the conference. Actually, the Eagles have three losses in the NFC Conference with losses to Dallas, Skins and Bears.

The bottom line, the Cowboys are not going to win pretty all the time. Yes, the last two weeks have been less than desirable but being at 4-1 is alot better than most NFL teams can say.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish! It's a long season and the Cowboys have not it their stride and when they do the NFL better look out.

Right, remember last year's Buffalo & Detroit games.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
im with you guys how much i would love to be 5-0 and how much we could be undefeated im still loving 4-1