Cowboys attend Chris Bonner workout at CSU-Pueblo

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I would not be upset if the Cowboys threw a 7th at him.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Hailmary

Reaction score
Someone else brought him up on CZ and I saw that his accuracy was not the best but this article was very enlightening. Footwork and escape ability even better than I initially thought, would use late pick, preferably a 7th. Would be great to sign as UDFA though.

He's definitely going to need time, to work on his body and his mechanics but most of all to spend time in the film room. Even though he's miles behind the others as far as seeing the field, I do believe in the long run he has as high or higher ceiling than most of the other QBs in this class. Romo's not going anywhere for the next few years so we can afford to be patient. I think teams are taking notice and I think he could go in the 6th, so if we want him we may need to use our 5th (which I have no problems doing).

VACowboy

Reaction score
Someone else brought him up on CZ and I saw that his accuracy was not the best but this article was very enlightening. Footwork and escape ability even better than I initially thought, would use late pick, preferably a 7th. Would be great to sign as UDFA though.

His YPA is over 9.

If I'm picking a favorite 3rd day player, this guy is it.

SO stoked that the Cowboys seem to be interested.

Reactions: BAT

DFWJC

Reaction score
Very interesting!
I guess if they grabbed him in the 7th he would battle it out with Vaughn for a roster spot?

btw
The writer needs to get his math right. Throwing from your 19 to the opposing teams' 36 is 45 yards, not 55 yards :)
But it did look effortless.

Reactions: BAT