Cowboys' Best Money Players Of All Time

DFWJC

Reaction score
Some interesting stats on “money players” in the playoffs:
  • Roger Staubach threw 24 TDs in the playoffs. Troy had 23. Danny White had 15.
  • Drew Pearson had 8 playoff TD receptions, same as Michael Irvin.
  • Jay Novacek had 6 playoff TD receptions, BillyJoe DuPree had 4. Jason Witten, 1
  • Emmitt Smith had 19 rushing TDs in the playoffs! Best all time btw.
Great stats.
Proves great performance and the fact that those guys played in a ton of playoff games.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Erik Williams.

Somebody for 2nd place.

The only OLineman that I've seen "take over a game".[/QUOTE First drive 2nd half of 2nd Super Bowl vs Bills, E Williams was was a terror. I saw him take out three Bills on one play.
I did not list OLmen on the list.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Definition: a money player is a player who repeatedly comes through in the clutch, a playmaker, in big games, in playoffs/and/or Super Bowl,whose offensive talent could not be stopped or whose defense stuffed the opposition and/or wrecked the opposing offensive

I limit the nominations to
QB
Two WR's
One RB
One FB
One TE
Two DT's
Two DE's
3 LB's
Two safeties
Two CB's

These are my choices. I respect others' reasonable opinions.

QB ROGER STAUBACH Immediate super impact player, he took a 4-3 team to 10 straight wins and the first Super Bowl win. Captain America, Roger the Dodger, with running back skills, a great leader. Took team to 4 Super Bowls.

Two WR's Two #88's, Drew Pearson and Michael Irvin. No one else deserves to be on list other than these two. Drew: The Hail Mary, breaking the Falcons; backs in the playoffs, clutch catch after clutch catch. Always got open for Roger and Danny White. The U's Michael Irvin, the real playmaker who intimidated DB's by always getting open, always making the tough 3rd down catch and almost always pulling down those 50-50 balls. An inspiring, fiery leader, who inspired his teammates to greater heights. Two TD's in 1993 Super Bowl 1st half set the tone.

One RB #22 EMMITT, no one else, no fumbles, tough, always getting the yards. Durable, great teammate.

One FB The Moose, D Johnston, always plowed open holes for Emmitt, great pass blocker and good at receiving the ball in the flat. Tough as a MOOSE!!!

One TE Jason Witten for his longevity and his continued greatness and toughness for so many years; Honorable metions for Billy Joe Dupree, 73-83 and Jay Novacek, both of them superior players.

Two DT's Bob Lilly and Randy White, end of discussion. Lilly with his 29 yard sack in 1972 Super Bowl and sheer domination for so long. Randy White, the Manster, Hall of Famer. He destroyed the Broncos in the 1978 Super Bowl.

Two DE's HARVEY MARTIN, 73-83 and TOO TALL JONES 74-89

3 LB's Chuck Howley, a 4.6 40 LB with 3 INT's in 71 and 72 Super Bowls; Ken Norton, who destroyed in the Bills in the 1993 Super Bowl and led Boys as therir best LB in consecutive Super Bowl wins; got 3rd straight with Whiners; Lee Roy Jordan: sideline to sideline tackling machine for more than a decade, 32 INT's; On November 4, 1973, he intercepted three passes in the first quarter from the Bengals' Ken Anderson.

Two safeties Charlie Waters, as solid as any safety can be; Charlie had 412 career INT's,s eemed to as clutch as they come; also blocked many punts. Darren Woodson, the perfect safety, who never got beat deep and it seemed he never missed a tackle, clean upper echelon player his whole career.
Two CB's Two Hall of Famers: Mel Renfro and Deion Sanders; Renfro was a world class athlete who was originaly a RB, converted to safety, then to CB. No one threw the ball to his side. 52 INT's.
Deion had 53 INT's, fastest player on field, would outrun ball, tease QB's; teams would throw to the other side, except Michael Irvin who owned him.
I agree with every one except LB. I would replace Lee Roy Jordan with Hollywood. Henderson was clutch in every playoff game and Super Bowl. Even the lost vs. the Steelers had him making highlight plays. But the NFC Rams game was legendary.

Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson did a Ali, and called his shot predicting he would single handily beat the Rams versus the Rams in a clutch NFC Championship game. The rest is Hollywood History..