Cowboys/Bills Madden 08 Simulation

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Why is Paul Poluszney that much bigger than Romo in that pic? (Romo 6-2 225/Poluszny 6-1 238) He's looks like the Kurgan from Highlander in that pic for crying out loud! He isn't even playing since he's on the Bill's IR.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It won't be that close...

The home game hype will wear of by the end of the first Q. Once we go up by a couple of scores the crowd will become a non factor.

38-13

BOOK IT!

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Future 585;1688739 said:
Nothing unrealistic there...

Oh come on. Terry Glenn catching 2 passes for 6 yards is completely unrealistic. He'll get at least 20 yards if he catches two balls.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
speedkilz88;1688753 said:
Why is Paul Poluszney that much bigger than Romo in that pic? (Romo 6-2 225/Poluszny 6-1 238) He's looks like the Kurgan from Highlander in that pic for crying out loud! He isn't even playing since he's on the Bill's IR.

He is on the IR anyway.

Someone didn't get their Madden update.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to the simulation, the Bills could limit Romo to only 179 yards.

179 yards??? With THAT defense?

Romo might throw for that much in the first half alone. Methinks Stuart Scott picked up a controller for this 'simulation' and played with the Cowboys.

scott.jpg

Scott only has that one good eye, so 179 passing yards sounds about right. He couldn't see Owens half the time to get the ball to him!

179 passing yards. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
speedkilz88;1688753 said:

I don't know but Buffalo has some horrid uni's!:ralph:

I shall add this::bills:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Yeah, the same Madden engine that gives me 50+ TD passes per season routinely. The Madden simulation engine is a joke, it has been for years.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
out of curiosity how do the madden updates work?
has tony gone up in stat rating since he has had such a good year thus far?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
DallasEast;1688809 said:
According to the simulation, the Bills could limit Romo to only 179 yards.

179 yards??? With THAT defense?

Romo might throw for that much in the first half alone. Methinks Stuart Scott picked up a controller for this 'simulation' and played with the Cowboys.

scott.jpg

Scott only has that one good eye, so 179 passing yards sounds about right. He couldn't see Owens half the time to get the ball to him!

179 passing yards. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I agree, it's rather mindboggling. But all the Madden simulations thus far, including last week's, have produced very pedestrian numbers for Romo. What gives?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Future 585;1688739 said:
Nothing unrealistic there...

Yeah, Romo's averaging 300 yards a game passing, the Bills rank dead last in the NFL in pass defense, giving up over 280 yards a game, but Tony's only gonna throw for 179 yards against them??

Buffalo's giving up an average of 4.9 yards per carry, while the Boys are averaging 4.9, but the Bills are gonna hold them to 3.7 yards a carry??

I said it last week, if this is a sample of how Madden works, that game's a joke... it bears no resemblance to reality...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
stealth;1688982 said:
out of curiosity how do the madden updates work?
has tony gone up in stat rating since he has had such a good year thus far?

You get the updates online for now, gotta log in to play and online game and they update rosters, happens about once a month, but no set schedule.

They actually just released a new update, Romo went from 84 to 89, he was the biggest mover out of all the updates.

Also of note, Barber went from 86 to 88, while Julius Jones stayed at 86. They upped Barbers speed too, used to be 87 I think, and now it's 90. JJ has 91 speed. They also upped T.O. from 95 to 97. They added Tank to the roster as well, he's at 80 for now.

Oh, and I almost forgot, this is the perfect opportunity to use the madden smiley.

:madden:

DemonBlood

Reaction score
TheCount;1689001 said:
You get the updates online for now, gotta log in to play and online game and they update rosters, happens about once a month, but no set schedule.

They actually just released a new update, Romo went from 84 to 89, he was the biggest mover out of all the updates.

Also of note, Barber went from 86 to 88, while Julius Jones stayed at 86. They upped Barbers speed too, used to be 87 I think, and now it's 90. JJ has 91 speed. They also upped T.O. from 95 to 97. They added Tank to the roster as well, he's at 80 for now.

Oh, and I almost forgot, this is the perfect opportunity to use the madden smiley.

:madden:

So there is an update? I don't want to have to restart my franchise :(

If you LIES to me then...

1171135651732008_anonib.jpg

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DemonBlood666;1689010 said:
So there is an update? I don't want to have to restart my franchise :(

If you LIES to me then...

1171135651732008_anonib.jpg

Yup, playing right now. I don't know that it's worth restarting a franchise for though. They still haven't fixed the disappearing free agents glitch.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
silverbear;1688999 said:
Yeah, Romo's averaging 300 yards a game passing, the Bills rank dead last in the NFL in pass defense, giving up over 280 yards a game, but Tony's only gonna throw for 179 yards against them??

Buffalo's giving up an average of 4.9 yards per carry, while the Boys are averaging 4.9, but the Bills are gonna hold them to 3.7 yards a carry??

I said it last week, if this is a sample of how Madden works, that game's a joke... it bears no resemblance to reality...

The Bills are going to play better than they have all season IMO...I know the stats don't say that they will make it close, but we were supposed to beat the Lions last year according to stats. Tony Romo's botched hold was an anomoly.

Stranger things have happened than close games.

pgreptom

Reaction score
Sweet. Was waiting for a roster update.. I wonder if they fixed Jay Ratliff being a 70, and Akin's brother being a 78.