News: Cowboys bring along special gear to battle frigid climate

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The club lugs 12,000 to 13,000 pounds of equipment to a typical road game. Equipment director Mike McCord and equipment manager Bucky Buchanan estimates more than 15,000 pounds will be packed and loaded onto the 767 that will fly coaches and players to Chicago on Sunday afternoon.

Buchanan and the equipment staff will pack four different styles and weights of shirts. Some are mock necks with no sleeves — linemen wear those so there aren’t any sleeves to grab — and some are crew necks with sleeves.

The staff will pack extra stocking and skull caps. There are parkas, tights, winter socks, gloves and a new set of lined gloves for receivers. There are hand muffs and warmers. There are heat pads to put under socks and others to stick in the pouches of parkas to warm the hands of the players and coaches.

Most of the players will wear detachable, or screw-in, cleats for this game. Soldier Field should not be frozen because there is a heating system underneath. It was re-sodded three weeks ago after the violent storm that delayed Chicago’s game against Baltimore.

Read the rest: http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...ong-special-gear-to-battle-frigid-climate.ece

venky

Reaction score
I can't believe how they're able to play in this kind of weather. I'm freezing over here!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just make sure the guys have the right cleats. Footing on a freshly sodded field can cause players to have issue with slipping